Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Always pay attention to your incubator!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Always pay attention to your incubator! Empty Always pay attention to your incubator! Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So I have had my new brinsea 190 up an running now for a bit. Had a few duckling finish and hatch in there a week ago. This weekend I am expecting my 1st full hatch of aussies and millies.

Well last night I go to check the water level and I had not been in since sunday ( my bad). I look in and see broken shell...what the heck? Look at bottom of incubator and low and behold there stands a "blue" fuzzy guy!

He must have been started by a broody and when I candled I did not pay much attention to development. Super chick hatched from the top shelf ( moving) at 40% humidity and landed at bottom perfectly fine!

So strange!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

And I thought I was the only one managing my hatching program in that fashion.

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've also had that happen!! It is amazing they don't get hurt, but they seem to be able to handle the fall! Poor little critters

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

They don't always survive the water hastard or the running of the turner.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

It simply amazes me what some chicks can survive. Glad your chick had a happy ending. Smile

You'll have to name him Gerrrronnnimooooooo if you keep him. Wink 

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had the absolute worst waterfowl hatching season this year but son had buff cochin eggs in my Brinsea eco 20 and a Bronze turkey egg I managed to save from worst broody turkey hen ever. Completely forgot and ignored incubator until I heard peeps. No water in bator at all, turner still on til I heard first one peeping but 9 of 10 chicks hatched and so did poult Shocked 

Farmchiq LOVE Gerrrronnnimooooooo idea LOL

Glad little one was tough enough to survive the fall and other hazards Very Happy 

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:You'll have to name him Gerrrronnnimooooooo if you keep him. Wink 

Laughing That's perfect!

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That is perfect name!

Ya I dont know what to do with the little stinker. My old ( really old) banty silky ( not a pure silky I am sure) seemed to have snuck her eggs in with the millies ( or kids added them to my collection without my knowledge). I think it will be a blue silky crossed with an australorp! It has extra toes ( like a silky) but clean legs..I think maybe a little poof top. Poor thing got sent out with a group of much older chicks as the rest of the hatch is due saturday and I was not setting up a brooder yet. So far he is very happy with his older buddies and surviving that group.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum