Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geraniums

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Geraniums  Empty Geraniums Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Does anyone grow them from seeds ? Just curious as to how hard it is to get and plant seeds ............in a greenhouse of course

2Geraniums  Empty Re: Geraniums Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have done.  Start them in February under lights.  They as slow to grow, but quite easy.  They also grow very easily from cuttings.  Root them in water or one of those gel pacs.

3Geraniums  Empty Re: Geraniums Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I always grow my geraniums from seed. They germinate very easily and I start them in the basement under lights. My favorite is Orange Appeal. I have had them blooming all winter in my windows. I get my seed from Stokes seeds in Ontario.
Geri

4Geraniums  Empty Re: Geraniums Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Roots

Cuttings are very easy.  I have kept plants overwinter in the cold storage then potted them up in early spring and take cuttings with the new growth.

5Geraniums  Empty Re: Geraniums Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 am

My neighbour saves her roots ? She says that she let's the plant go dormant and then washes off the soils or cleans it off somehow and puts the roots into a paper bag and stores them in a cool place till spring and then replants them ? strangest thing I have ever heard ! we normally just throw  them away at the end of summer ? ..............who knew ??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum