Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

first time taking my animals to a sale.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1first time taking my animals to a sale. Empty first time taking my animals to a sale. Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm

animals just for fun

animals just for fun

So I am pretty excited this is my first year with a bator and to hatch out my own eggs, I am still not sure what breeds to get into.So I am trying a few different ones. I like my millie fluers, silkies are ok, not sure about my polish I find them touchy. I got some standard cochins and amerucanas this year.
I have been making boxes for the last few days for my chicks, chickens and some bunnies. I am will post how I do at the sale, and I am hoping to be able to go to Ty's sale next year with some of my birds but we will see. Wink

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Good luck at the sale. After attending Tys sale this year I have visions of selling at it next year too. Buying was fun, but I think buying AND selling would be mor fun Very Happy

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

The best sale I have ever attended by far was Red Deer sold out in 3 hours

http://www.popscoops.com

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, that's awesome pops.

Have fun animals, and good luck. Smile

5first time taking my animals to a sale. Empty disappointed in the sale. Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

animals just for fun

animals just for fun

I am disappointed in the sale, first I couldn't stay to watch my stuff being sold. We had to go to the nephews grad. A friend wrote what everything went for. My loinhead bunnies went for $3 per bunny, a box of Millie Fleurs 2 weeks old $8 a chick, and a box of 2 1/2 month old millies went for $4 a chick (cause the auctioneer said he thought they looked crossed with something, Evil or Very Mad A**hole they are in a pen by themselves they can't be crossed). I took in silkie, polish, Millie, Lionhead and Flemish, I thought I would have made twice the money I did. It was every upsetting. Sad

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry your auction experience was so bad, just shows you need to save your stuff and make the Market type sales. These are the best way to sell your animals at the prices you deserve. There is on occation you will do better at an auction then what you would ask in a market sale, but more times than not buyer and Seller are not happy with Auctions.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum