Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!!

+2
coopslave
HigginsRAT
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed laughing at your expense.  Thank you Tara!

3They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

LMFAO Tara.

Maybe Tippy was keeping everything under control?
Who knew you could have lean mean killing squirrel machines.

Personally not a squirrel fan but thanks for a GREAT story. You need some Krupnik.

4They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

Crazy!  I'll never look at squirrels the same way again.  That is something we seldom see here.

6They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Been meaning to revisit this thread, but just been, ummmm, well, just doin' other stuff with this in the back of my mind.  No excuses.  Short, but sweet.  Glad you got that vermin.  I don't like squirrels, mice, rats, anything that is of that category.  Destructive and well, not needed.  We don't have squirrels around our home, we are in the middle of two 40 acre fields of alfalfa, but boy, do we have field mice, smiling.  The farmer cut down the alfalfa a few days ago.  Scooped it all up the next day and I saw something.  Something big, flying, brown and had a red head.  Had Hubby look at the group of 5 through the high powered binoculars and he said turkey vulture.  Well, rock my socks.  NEver seen that type before, big, beautiful and looked kind of like a turkey, well sort of.  Never mind, it was awesome to see this, after the carion in the field, they don't eat live stuff.  Good cleaners I guess, and the gulls too (don't like the voice of gulls, shrill, bugs me Shocked).  Ya, so back to squirrel.  Back on the coast we had the Douglas squirrel, pretty little things and then those big black boogers moved in from the city I guess.  Didn't see many Douglas squirrels after a few years, they went somewhere else.  I think that those two types crossbred though, because those big black ones also had light grey ones, just as big.  Do they cross?  I don't know, but there was some odd lookin' squirrels.  I don't like squirrels, they did play havoc with many of my seed trays when I had my greenhouse operation.  They liked the trays that had big seeds in them, like sweet peas amongst other things.  They made a pretty big mess and did mess up some varieties of plants, so sometimes things came up that should not have in certain seedling trays.  Man....glad you relocated that squirrel.  The damage done at your place, to me, was staggering, and the poor dogs' bed, sigh.  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Empty Re: They are After Me ... for my NUTS!!! Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm with you.... I despise the vermin!  Die Squirrels DIE!!!! They destroy bird nests by eating the eggs and young.  They are so destructive and have ruined the wiring in the coop more than once, hubby has now replaced it all with that heavy duty metal wrapped stuff that we hope will at least slow them down!  BEST cat I ever had caught a dispatched dozens of squirrels every year.  Yes I know it was him....he always brought me the back legs and tail as a gift.   One summer he brought me 38 "gifts" and those were just the ones I was around to receive. I watched him bring down a full grown wild male pheasant, happened in an instant (I didn't like that one much).  He was 17 pounds of lean mean killing machine.  Since his passing several years ago we are now over run with vermin.....squirrels, mice and please don't even get me started on the bloody pack rats!  We have never had a cat like him before or since.  May he RIP.  Oh dear.... I seem to have had a bit of a rant.  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!    What a Face

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum