Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Decisions decisions Do I sell my rooster or not.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vic's chicks

I am trying to decide whether or not to sell my beautiful buff sussex rooster. He is from Jonny Anvil and was the lighter color that they are supposed to be. I have a barnevelder rooster too that we love because he is so gentle and good to the girls. The buff sussex really likes his own breed and my buff sussex girls are getting pretty beat up. They are so not good at not getting caught like all my other birds. I was thinking of separating them but I don't really enjoy managing them to that extent. If I just had one breed of roosters it would be easy to collect the barnie eggs and just hatch out barnies because their eggs would be the only dark ones. I need simple in my life.right now The hard part is my rooster is the friendliest I have ever had. He doesn't mind being touched or picked up, eats out of my hand and I have never seen any aggression from him towards anything. He is so beautiful( except for the chunk of feathers missing off his back where the other roo got him). I would love to find a home for him where he could free range or a really large run as he has never been caged up.Decisions decisions Do I sell my rooster or not. DSC02389_zps62a9ee41

He's a fine looking Rooster ,to bad you have to make a choice !

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm a bit of a rooster hoarder. I LOVE MY ROOS! Problem is I fall in love with each and every one I hatch. Only I know I can't keep them all so I have made several tough choices.

If you are simplifying your coop and breeding purebred poultry isn't your main concern, then I say go with your heart & gut. If one roo is all sweet & wonderful AND good with your hens then I would say the choice is easy.

IF the pic is of the roo you would be selling, I would think you would find a buyer easily. Especially as he is Jonny's line.

All the best with your choice.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

If I was closer I would take him back, he is Gorgeous and would get a great home here.
I have one Gorgeous Roo here myself, sounds just like yours, Great temperament, awesome all around rooster.

I am not sure if there are many others working on Buff Sussex right now, but I hope he finds a good home.
Roosters like this deserve to skip the soup pot or freezer camp!

vic's chicks

He won't become soup. If I don't find the right home I will keep him. It is nice to not be desperate .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum