Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

broadyhen hen attacked

+2
uno
jon.w
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1broadyhen hen attacked Empty broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:07 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

so my neighbor had a broody hen attacked by a raccoon mid day and called me just got in late got out the extra bator out cleaned and wormed up put them in it was the second week so their were do next week so got them in at 9pm hopping for the best

2broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good luck!

3broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:16 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry to hear that! Good luck.

4broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, what an awful experience for that poor hen! I hope the eggs hatch. As long as they didn't sit for too long without heat, or get cracked during the attack they should be fine. Did the hen survive?

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

5broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:33 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

she was dragged away

6broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's horrible! Poor mama hen. Sad I hope her eggs make it. Sending you good hatching vibes ~~~

7broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:49 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

thank you all

8broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:12 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

one has hatched so far

9broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

so I guess they were a lot further along then I thought cheers

10broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

their mite be one more herd another chirp Chick Help

11broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:50 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That's awesome! Hope they all hatch. I took 7 eggs from a hen after 2 weeks of setting, and all 7 hatched in the incubator.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

12broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 pm

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

well it has hatched and appears to be healthy cheers

13broadyhen hen attacked Empty Re: broadyhen hen attacked Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

that is the last of them one was not fertile and the rest were dead

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum