Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you identify this?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can you identify this? Empty Can you identify this? Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

This has come up in my garden, in somewhat of a straight row, only in one place, so I'm wondering if this is co-incidental or if I planted it. Do you know what this is?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My best guess is hemp nettle, but I'm not 100% it doesn't seem hairy enough. It's not a veggie or herb that I'm familiar with, but as for it growing in a row, it could have been a weed seed in something you planted.

Post another picture if you let it flower and my ID should be more accurate.

http://countrythyme.ca

3Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Fri May 31, 2013 10:48 am

Ooo, good guess! I googled that because I've never heard of it. I think the leaves are more of a... goose foot shape. I'll definitely let it flower out, I'm really curious.

4Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Fri May 31, 2013 2:07 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks alot like iron weed or pig weed dont know the real name

5Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Could be Kale if you planted some, or let some go to seed last year.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

6Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].........Looks a lot like a Brussel Sprout plant ? Might be a different variety , but it sure has the characteristic traits

7Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:56 am

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Iron and pig weeds both have smooth leaf margins and kale and Brussels sprouts are cabbages so have B shaped cotyledons.

http://countrythyme.ca

8Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks familiar, I think it is parsnip, and the long tap root, perhaps will be a variety of parsnip. If you google parsnip plant picture, there is a series of pictures that come up, look at some of them and see if you think this is what it is. Good luck, I don't think it is a weed though. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

9Can you identify this? Empty Re: Can you identify this? Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 am

sunflower?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum