Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have these Chickens and older chicks, I was hoping to sell at the Sale in Smithers last weekend. They really need to go!

2 Blue Silkies (12 weeks old) ~$12 ea
1 Partridge Silkie (8 months)(frost bitten toes) - hen ~$5 ea
1 Frizzle X Polish (6 weeks old) ~$10 ea
2 Buff Polish (5 1/2 weeks old)~$10
Cross Breeds (some banty cochin X polish and banty cochin X's) (12 weeks old)~ ~$8 ea
1 white with black flicks frizzle X, (12 weeks old) ~$10
EE Rooster (about 1 1/2 year old) ~$5
Frizzle Cochin Rooster (1 year old)~$10
Frizzle Cochin X Polish Rooster (8 months old)~$15
Cochin X Polish Rooster(8 months old)~$5

Frizzle Cochin X Polish
Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) 249650_10150322745580884_535110883_9885934_8015229_n

Cochin X Polish Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) 255113_10150322747945884_535110883_9885969_7392894_n

EE
Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) 252628_10150322750790884_535110883_9886021_3938636_n

Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) 254247_10150322755455884_535110883_9886110_3430107_n

Polish and Polish X Frizzle
Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) 251382_10150322756650884_535110883_9886131_5276034_n

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I wish we lived closer. I am interested in the blue and partridge Silkies but not sure how to get them here. Sad What effect does the frostbite have on the partridge hens mobility?

3Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

harrop'shens wrote:I wish we lived closer. I am interested in the blue and partridge Silkies but not sure how to get them here. Sad What effect does the frostbite have on the partridge hens mobility?

Where are you Horrop?

The I haven't noticed any effect on her mobility. She gets around as good as the other hens and even roosts on the roost. I imagine that she dig in the dirt as well though. Her toes are stubby. She was the only one who got frost bite last winter. At the time she refused to roost on the roosts and slept on the floor. (I had low roosts for her, but she just wouldn't use them. She does now though.)

4Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Hi Silkie,

I live just outside of Nelson, BC in the Southeast corner. Really far away from you. I posted a thread here asking if anyone is coming this way to give them a ride. Any guesses about the blue silkies sex. My neighbours are having "issues" with my existing roosters. Do you know of any other methods for shipping birds? I'm also going to put a post on Facebook.

Jen

5Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jen have you looked into the horse transport people? There was a fellow that did trips from the coast all the way to Manitoba. Would be cheaper than flying then I would guess.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Sorry silkiebantam. It will just be too expensive to get them here Crying or Very sad I hope that you find wonderful homes for all your birds Smile

Jen

7Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

harrop'shens I have sent you a pm.

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

harrop'shens wrote:Sorry silkiebantam. It will just be too expensive to get them here Crying or Very sad I hope that you find wonderful homes for all your birds Smile

Jen

Jen, That's ok, it's no problem. I was actually going to message you today, suggesting that if you were going to spend that much, you might be better off to get some nice quality hens. Mine are just pet quality, and I would feel bad that you spent so much on something you might be disappointed in. Thank you for trying though. I really appreciate it. They might reschedule the sale for next weekend in Smithers, and I may bring them to that. No Worries.

P.S. Everyone calls me Jen, too! Smile

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Silkie, those birds are fabulous. I LOVE them. Great breed combining. Good luck with selling them. I live in Harrop's neighbourhood, otherwise I'd love some. Your EE roo is stunning.

10Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty hi Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 am

Hello, I sent you a PM. Do you still have the chickens and roosters? We're relocating to Terrace in early July and hoping to get some chickens and a rooster.

Have all the hens/chickens been raised together?

Thanks
Jennifer

11Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:23 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Jennifer, you may want to email silkie bantam. I'm not sure how often she comes on this forum.

Jenifern wrote:Hello, I sent you a PM. Do you still have the chickens and roosters? We're relocating to Terrace in early July and hoping to get some chickens and a rooster.

Have all the hens/chickens been raised together?

Thanks
Jennifer

12Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Empty Re: Roosters and older Chicks (Terrace BC) Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am

thanks yes, we have been in contact.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum