Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sighted at my farm, Dove, Eurasian Collared or Ringneck

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

According to Wiki the Eurasian Collared Dove is found in ALberta. Im pretty darn sure that is what was hanging around the feeder and sitting on my fence. By the time I got my camera it flew off. If I get a pic of it I will post! Im pretty sure it is the Surasioan and not a ring neck because of the wing and tail markings. I got a pretty good look at it as I was sitting at my computer beside my window, it was only about 15 feet away.

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We have mourning doves here. They come to our bird feeders too. I love to see and hear them. cheers

birish

We see collared doves here,not often but they are around

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh now this is interesting. We get doves around the chicken house - I believe ring necked, know they aren't mourning doves. I know they aren't native to this area but a local bird expert has told me they do appear. I'd rather like to have a few tame ones. Now I have to look up these other types to be sure they are ring necked.

They particularly like the corn in the chicken scratch.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Cool ! now if anyone see;s a Passenger Pigeon ? well then my dream has come true Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum