Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible retained placenta

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possible retained placenta Empty Possible retained placenta Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Estelle is still discharging, and today when we got home, I noted the discharge was bloody and still thick. It's bright red, however by the evening the red has started to darken.

Is this signs of a retained placenta, and, if so, Is there a way I can flush her? She's producing milk well, doesn't seem to be in pain and is acting normally. She seems a little wider than yesterday, but could just be her eating, as she's wandering around the yard with Walter.

Thanks so much.

2Possible retained placenta Empty Re: Possible retained placenta Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds Normal just make sure she is eating good and give her some warm water with some molasses in it she will love it and you

3Possible retained placenta Empty Re: Possible retained placenta Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm

*Falls over* Thank GOODNESS. I will pick up some molasses

4Possible retained placenta Empty Re: Possible retained placenta Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Learning the hard way has lots of scary moments!

5Possible retained placenta Empty Re: Possible retained placenta Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

We all learn everyday and by asking a question you are learning
Glad you asked the question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum