Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

so many colors of bantam cornish

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1so many colors of bantam cornish Empty so many colors of bantam cornish Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was just looking through the SOP and there are soo many different colors of bantam cornish. What is the difference between the black and the dark? In the pictures they both look black. Is the dark a brown color?
Does anybody breed the whites?
Geri

2so many colors of bantam cornish Empty Re: so many colors of bantam cornish Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dark is double laced brown. The roosters can look quite black. If you are looking for quality conformation, the best I have seen here are the darks. You can also find BLR and RLW. I have not seen those colors in birds as nice as the darks. Never seen a white or a black bantam, but I have white LF. There are other colors too. Arctic has spangled from a hatchery and they are not too bad.

3so many colors of bantam cornish Empty Re: so many colors of bantam cornish Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Dark is double laced brown. The roosters can look quite black. If you are looking for quality conformation, the best I have seen here are the darks. You can also find BLR and RLW. I have not seen those colors in birds as nice as the darks. Never seen a white or a black bantam, but I have white LF. There are other colors too. Arctic has spangled from a hatchery and they are not too bad.

I had wanted white because they are easier to pluck. I don't have a plucker and would have to do it by hand. Does anybody know if the other colors are easy topluck?
If anybody knows anybody who has bantam white cornish can you let me know. Thanks Geri

4so many colors of bantam cornish Empty Re: so many colors of bantam cornish Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:18 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think RLW would be second best for plucking. Talk to Bowker Farms. She has this color.

5so many colors of bantam cornish Empty Re: so many colors of bantam cornish Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I think RLW would be second best for plucking. Talk to Bowker Farms. She has this color.

Thanks Sue I will

6so many colors of bantam cornish Empty Re: so many colors of bantam cornish Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I think RLW would be second best for plucking. Talk to Bowker Farms. She has this color.

Thanks Sue I will

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum