Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Western Weekend - Coombs BC

+2
coopslave
Hillbilly
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The camper is on, the trailer hooked up, and I'm ready for the annual Western Weekend in Coombs. The weekend event features team penning, cattle sorting, and a ranch obstacle course.
Unfortunately, my wifes horse pulled something in his leg Monday night, acting like a jackass with my other horse, so she will not be competing. So its just Cochise and I camping out for the weekend! O.o!

2Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have fun! Very Happy We will be doing horsey stuff too.

3Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 am

Have fun! All the best of luck to you as well in the competition. Pictures when you're back?

4Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Any weekend is a good weekend for horsey stuff!

5Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I hope someone takes pictures!

6Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:25 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not sure if Coombs still has them, but we used to get a kick out of the goats munching grass on the roof. Laughing

Good luck and hope you have a blast! sunny

7Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

8Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Haha, no white shirts for me today Tara!

I grew up about 15 minutes from the goats on the roof. they've been a fixture there from at least the early 70's.

my setup for the weekend;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Excellent set up! Do those fencing panels fit inside the trailer?

We're off to our local riding club first event of the year tomorrow. I have to put on my announcer cap and jump course designer cap too. Hope the weather holds.

Goats on the roof, Hub and I honeymooned at Qualicum, toured Coombs. Bought my first rubber stamps at a little shop where the goats are. It was such a neat place! Wrote them a note and said they were the highlight of my honeymoon. They wrote back and said they were sorry my honeymoon went so badly.

Hope The Mrs.'s horse recovers. Being left behind is no fun. How is Cochise making out? Getting limbered up now that winter is over? I think I know a gangly TB you need..he's out in my horse pen right now. Have fun!

10Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That's a 3 horse trailer (for sale btw) and in the 3rd section, the panels fit nicely. there's room for a few more actually.

11Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

And Cochise was a star at the obstacle course today. Not too bad at penning, but no winnings yet. One more money ride tomorrow, then sorting after that.

12Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh nice, those weekend events are just awesome I would imagine. I don't go to them. We farmsit here, smiling. Daughter and her Husband go all the time to events, usually at least one a month and take horses, pens and truck, such as you do too. What a wonderful time you must have had, I can only imagine. A big one up in Williams Lake this weekend....then it all winds up in the barrel racing finals in Chilliwack in the late fall, think October. Are you going to that one Hillbilly? Heritage Park in Chilliwack, now that is the event of all events!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

13Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:That's a 3 horse trailer (for sale btw) and in the 3rd section, the panels fit nicely. there's room for a few more actually.

HillBilly, let me know the particulars as I know someone looking. Weight of it too please.

14Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

its a deluxe HEAVY trailer. 5000lbs empty, but the GVW is over 12000, so you could haul drafts in it no problem. If interested, I'll find one of the links.

15Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

link to the ad;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the link Hillbilly, to heavy for what they are looking for.

17Western Weekend - Coombs BC Empty Re: Western Weekend - Coombs BC Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CynthiaM wrote:Oh nice, those weekend events are just awesome I would imagine. I don't go to them. We farmsit here, smiling. Daughter and her Husband go all the time to events, usually at least one a month and take horses, pens and truck, such as you do too. What a wonderful time you must have had, I can only imagine. A big one up in Williams Lake this weekend....then it all winds up in the barrel racing finals in Chilliwack in the late fall, think October. Are you going to that one Hillbilly? Heritage Park in Chilliwack, now that is the event of all events!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

No, I won't be participating in that. We may go as spectators though. It all depends on the date!

*Edit ~ I added some photos of the obstacle course in the photos forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum