Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

computer help hacker maybe

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1computer help hacker maybe Empty computer help hacker maybe Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Can someone use your IP address to send email spam?
The reason for this question is, for the last several months I have not been able to sign on to the other forum.
Once I entered my user name and password all I got
was a blank page heading was for the forum put that was it.
Well now when I try to sign on I get a message saying my
IP address has been band as it is on the spam black list.
I don’t spam and have no idea about this. But I have
also been getting in my email box a lot of notifications that the email could not be delivered these are emails I did not send.
This has now made me very suspicious.
So anyone out there more computer literate than me have any
idea’s.

2computer help hacker maybe Empty Re: computer help hacker maybe Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your email account has been hacked into and somebody is using your accounts to send spam or hack into other computers or accounts which likely is the reason you have been banned on the other forum.. The first thing you need to do is make sure your virus protection is up to date and then do a full computer scan with the virus program. Check that you have a firewall protection turned on. If you use your computer for banking you need to check that your bank accounts are in order. You need to close your email account(s) and open new ones with different user names and passwords. All your user names and passwords need to be changed on websites like this forum. Good luck.

3computer help hacker maybe Empty Re: computer help hacker maybe Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

rosewood wrote:Your email account has been hacked into and somebody is using your accounts to send spam or hack into other computers or accounts which likely is the reason you have been banned on the other forum.. The first thing you need to do is make sure your virus protection is up to date and then do a full computer scan with the virus program. Check that you have a firewall protection turned on. If you use your computer for banking you need to check that your bank accounts are in order. You need to close your email account(s) and open new ones with different user names and passwords. All your user names and passwords need to be changed on websites like this forum. Good luck.

Change your email password as a first step as well, then contact your provider to have them cancel the compromised account.

4computer help hacker maybe Empty Re: computer help hacker maybe Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:28 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

After you have your computer scanned and malware or virus free you should do a new backup to a safe location. I thought I had all the bases covered here until I tried to download a program from an unfamiliar website. It took quite some time to get an internet browser back. I now have a choice of IE 8, Goggle Chrome or Firefox. Only open emails from known sources.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum