Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CynthiaM I think you should get......

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CynthiaM I think you should get...... Empty CynthiaM I think you should get...... Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

....some Mottled Cochins!!! What a facinatingly beautiful bird!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Coopslave, what are you trying to do, smiling. I could well imagine that they would be beautiful, but why tempt me with such a thing, you a baaaaaaad girl. No room, gotta stick with my blues and black and splashes. But imagine that ball of mottled feathers, thanks for the trip into wonderland....have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Let's see some photos!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here you go Hedda. Just to tempt you CynthiaM! Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It looks like there's been some sloppy whitewashing going on!

But really, they are gorgeous!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ohmyorka!! Now ain't that a thing of beauty. Now Coopslave, tell me those are yours and one day, one fine day, I can get stock from you. Kidding. I know what you are up to and it ain't mottled cochins. The only thing I did not like about the mottled java, pretty much the only thing was the dark spots on the meat of the cockerel. Yes, he was totally unsuitable for breeding, so we ate him. He looked like he had spots of mold on parts of his flesh, I was embarassed when I carved him up for my kids and turned over the cut meat, the dark dots (about the size of a pea) were turned over, so no clue if the pigment was black beyond the depth of skin. Oops, me off topic. I like to eat the mature cochin cockerels that I grow out, that I don't use, so wonder if all mottled birds have that dark pigment showing into the flesh. Unpleasant to me. I don't think my kids noticed it Razz or if they did, they never mentioned it. Just a thought to rock the socks!! After my youngest gal's Husband had found an egg with a blood spot in it and swearing up and down that it had a spine and that is was a chick, heavenstoGordonabove, if he saw that dark pigment, he would NEVER eat any of my homegrown chickens again. I have made point after point to this other love of my life, that chicks would not incubate in a fridge and really....it was not a chick, I think he will eat farm fresh eggs again. Sure turned him off I would say. Ya, for surely, off topic, but I have heard that threads that take on a new life are awesome, smiling that big smile. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum