Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chocolate dipped orange peels...Insanely delicious!

+2
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I made these yesterday as part of a gift for my parents' birthdays. If you plan to make candied peel, remember to always use organic citrus. Citrus plants are highly sprayed.

There is a great tutorial here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

You want to bring me some of these. I heard you say that.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ooh I should do that with my homegrown lemons! Think they would work too?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Peel for Authentic...check!

Susan, I think that your lemons would be perfect! The real question is...what kind of chocolate would be best with them? Dark, milk or white?

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Blech not white! I would guess dark Smile

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Agreed! White is but a pale shadow of real chocolate. The orange are dipped in dark. I am thinking I may do my lemons in milk chocolate, but what about the grapefruits?

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think my regular lemon would be good with milk choc as it is tart, but my Meyer would be good with dark as it is quite sweet. Probably can't go wrong either way lol

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan, where, in Sask, do you grow lemons? Shocked

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I guess Uno has never been to Saskatoon. Their climate is the best kept secret in Canada!

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh yes. Our wonderful climate is tropical to say the least. We hit plus four today and it was AWESOME! After minus 25 for the last three months, we were out in t shirts.
Uno, I have three indoor lemon trees. Two are Meyer and one is a "regular" lemon that an enlightened breeder here in Saskatoon is working on, made for low (indoor) light. They are divine! The smell of the blossoms in February is reason alone to have them. Smile

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Susan...I have one meyer Lemon Tree, it had lemons on it.

Then when it was done, I transplanted it into a bigger deeper pot.

Now it's flowering, cheers They smell so good. Like gardenia's. Also have a calamonian Dwarf Orange tree. I have 22 seedlings from it, growing away in our office.

Can't wait to eventually do the same with the lemons. They are wonderful. I love them. Very Happy

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

If you want trees that will be true to type, take cuttings. Seedlings will not necessarily give you the same kind

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lemons. In Saskatoon. No way.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

They look delish Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And now she and Uno have thoroughly hijacked my thread, by way of consolation, Susan will send me some lemon tree cuttings this summer! Razz

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hee hee!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum