Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer help

+3
rosewood
heda gobbler
Ruffledfeathers
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Computer help Empty Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

My wonderful other ha2lf spilt pop on my keyboa2rd 2and now if you notice evrytime I use the 2a key it gives me this a2 or 2A.

Wh2ats the best w2ay to clea2n it? Ca2use I still feel sticky...

How do I fix this 2a key thingy???

2Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:28 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

What sort of a keyboard do you have - is it a laptop or a separate keyboard with a desktop?

I can take the hard surround off my laptop keyboard, shake out the crumbs and dust (use a spray can of air to help) and gently wipe with a damp kleenex or even Q tip.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:33 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

its my desktop , with cord 2att2ached. Regul2ar ol 2acer keyboa2rd ca2me with my tower .

It feels like I 2am t2alking some new weird code Very Happy

4Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

You are still totally legible though.

Just don't mess up any more keys, we won't understand you.

5Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The keys may be removed on most keyboards by prying with a small screwdriver. Once the keys are removed you can clean under them with a Qtip dipped in alcohol. The keys can then be pushed back in place.

6Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am

rosewood wrote:The keys may be removed on most keyboards by prying with a small screwdriver. Once the keys are removed you can clean under them with a Qtip dipped in alcohol. The keys can then be pushed back in place.

I second this. It's terrifying the first time you pop keys out because of the sound they make. Your other option is Value Village -- they usually have keyboards on the cheap, but then you don't know what people spilled or splooshed or other such things into them either.

I would almost say, though, that it has hit the circuitry as the 2 and the a aren't really nearby each other. Walmart has really cheap USB keyboards that work very well. I go through my fair share of boards every year (since I spill a lot and haven't learned my lesson about liquid near the keyboard Very Happy)

7Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:21 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Once I had a vacuum cleaner that developed a vile odour and no matter what I put in the bag, it still stunk the house up when I vacuumed. I took the machine apart, managed to actually get the motor out. Sure enough, it smelled awful. Filled a bucket with hot, soapy water and put the motor in for a good, hot soak. Let it drain and dry out for a few days, got Hub to reassemble it. And it never worked again.

DO NOT immerse your keyboard in a bucket of hot water. All I'm going to say.

8Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Those keys do pop right off. I took them all off and rearranged them for a girl I dated years ago. She didn't see the humour in it for some reason.

9Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:28 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

10Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

11Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

No Dishwasher cleaning! EVAR

12Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well finally had a brain wave and dug out the laptop and started using it. I thought I could make it thru without a keyboard but alas I'm too addicted to this site Twisted Evil so as my desktop lies there useless I get to play with my laptop.

Hillbilly I thought that was a great prank Very Happy
Uno I read your post way too late Very Happy
Sweetened I am starting my online price checking as I type

So what have I learned from this ...don't spill sticky liquids on your keyboard then put more non-sticky liquids then place by the wood stove to dry scratch Very Happy

13Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Ruffledfeathers wrote:Well finally had a brain wave and dug out the laptop and started using it. I thought I could make it thru without a keyboard but alas I'm too addicted to this site Twisted Evil so as my desktop lies there useless I get to play with my laptop.

Hillbilly I thought that was a great prank Very Happy
Uno I read your post way too late Very Happy
Sweetened I am starting my online price checking as I type

So what have I learned from this ...don't spill sticky liquids on your keyboard then put more non-sticky liquids then place by the wood stove to dry scratch Very Happy

newegg.ca is where I buy my computer stuff from.

14Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:59 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

15Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Woo HOO!! I'm back on my desktop. I ended up going to Staples and getting a pretty little wireless Logitech. It has all these fancy little extras that I'm gonna have to learn.

If I had a Princess auto closer to me I would have been there in a heart beat. I I love you PA. We almost always shop there.

16Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:Woo HOO!! I'm back on my desktop. I ended up going to Staples and getting a pretty little wireless Logitech. It has all these fancy little extras that I'm gonna have to learn.

If I had a Princess auto closer to me I would have been there in a heart beat. I I love you PA. We almost always shop there.

Shipping rates for item:
Canada Post
$7.30
Purolator
$11.64

What is your shipping rate on this item?

17Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your gonna love the wireless keyboard. Glad to have you back in one piece Ruffled! Very Happy

18Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:56 pm

coopslave wrote:Your gonna love the wireless keyboard. Glad to have you back in one piece Ruffled! Very Happy

Goodness, I hated mine LOL. Though I seem to be the only one who hates wireless anything.

19Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Coopslave Very Happy So far I'm lovin it. Its got girlie doodles on it too Very Happy

I have to say sweetened I LOVE wireless because it is less clutter on the floor were my herd of dust bunnies and there round up gang like to hang out. Now they can move on to my stereo cabinet Laughing

20Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

bcboy wrote:
Ruffledfeathers wrote:Woo HOO!! I'm back on my desktop. I ended up going to Staples and getting a pretty little wireless Logitech. It has all these fancy little extras that I'm gonna have to learn.

Shipping rates for item:
Canada Post
$7.30
Purolator
$11.64

What is your shipping rate on this item?

Oh bcboy your way ahead of me. I'm the kind of girl that will still go to the store and get lost looking for the 1 thing she really needs. I would pressume your right on the mark Very Happy

21Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

DH was just grumbling "why doesn't Williams Lake have a Princess Auto???"

The answer to so many problems....

22Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was so glad when Princess Auto finally opened a store here. My wife is just as glad because someone wisely located the store next to a fabric store which means I can wander through the store without having to hurry. Princess Auto like a lot of retailers sells online. A wireless keyboard/mouse combo is $12.99 online.

23Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is always the heavy stuff husband wants. Right now he is looking at an iron pump for pumping sludge and mud etc.

24Computer help Empty Re: Computer help Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:50 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree HG. My hubby gets so much at PA it awesome and they have some cool stuff for us chickies too.

The reason why we dont have a PA is because then the retailers in our area would actually have to charge a reasonable price not this outlandish number that makes us cringe and still go out of town anyways.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum