Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Show me your chicks

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Show me your chicks Empty Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

This year, I have gotten some beautiful and interesting colour combinations coming up due to my project, as well as having an EE rooster in the mix for the initial hatch. I want to get some better pictures this weekend of some of the birds as their colours and patterns aren't showing well in the pictures I'm taking. I'm super interested to see your chicks (I feel like a P-I-M-P bahaha), pure and not pure, of interesting colour, shape, pattern, texture, or degree of cute/ugliness.

I will post mine later this week/weekend! Please pleeeease, I have spring fever!

Anyone else with penquin printed birds?

2Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

No......don't......pure.......torture.......cold........not......ready.....don't......torment.......!!!!

3Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm

coopslave wrote:No......don't......pure.......torture.......cold........not......ready.....don't......torment.......!!!!

*Stifles coopslave* Do it!

4Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:
coopslave wrote:No......don't......pure.......torture.......cold........not......ready.....don't......torment.......!!!!

sigh....already done.....first hatch April Fools day.....fool is me with the cold.....second hatch.....a week later.....sigh Rolling Eyes

5Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

coopslave wrote:
Sweetened wrote:

sigh....already done.....first hatch April Fools day.....fool is me with the cold.....second hatch.....a week later.....sigh Rolling Eyes

I'm hatching right now, actually! This will be the first hatch that has eggs from a breeding group, evaarrrr, so I'm excited. And another due next week (also controlled breeding groups). Have the opportunity to set one more hatch before i have to give bator back Sad Have to get my own for next year.

6Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:49 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Enjoy Sweetened. It is very adictive for sure. I look forward to this time of year for so long. I always start early and regret it, but in a month I am lovin' it!! Very Happy

7Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

coopslave wrote:Enjoy Sweetened. It is very adictive for sure. I look forward to this time of year for so long. I always start early and regret it, but in a month I am lovin' it!! Very Happy

I lowered temperatures quicker than recommended and then moved them out of heat after fully feathered, into the bigger brooder. I was impressed and they did super well, I think how we have them set up, they use body heat more than the heat lamp. I lowered the temperature 2 degrees F daily after they were a week old and they did really well. Lots of kefir, so they're growing thick and big. The males have briiiight red combs and they're only 4 weeks.

This is such a fun thing, especially when you're looking for traits for your breeding projects. Last year I was willy nilly with it, but a little more focused. I got a couple bluff girls and I'm so happy with that, they'll hopefully lay coloured eggs so stick around for purposes of being pretty and egg laying. I also ended up with 2 spangled birds, pretty randomly. Very nifty.

8Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

No

Suspect

I don't know whether to rejoice or cry.

My 190...

And...

My 380....

Are both FULL! FULL!!!! FULL TO THE BRIM! What the heck is wrong with me?!?!?!

Heaven help me.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

9Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 pm

BriarwoodPoultry wrote: No

Suspect

My 190...

And...

My 380....

Heaven help me.

*Jealous!*

10Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:
BriarwoodPoultry wrote: No

Suspect

My 190...

And...

My 380....

Heaven help me.

*Jealous!*

The word I thought of was "stressed!" Laughing

11Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm not hatching anything this year! Crying or Very sad No So I say YA Bring on the fuzzbutt pictures!! I have such a mixed flock, I never know what I'll get. I have some really pretty mutts. It's so tempting to make more, but I have all the souls I need on the farm right now and don't need more.

I will live vicariously through all of you who have the means to make and keep or sell your chicks. Lucky peeps!

12Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="farmchiq"]I'm not hatching anything this year! quote]

I can help you with that farmchiq, Bertha is half empty and needs lovin' Anytime she will burp some fuzz butts out for you!!!!

13Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh I have an incubator, no worries there! Cindi has it right now. I am just not hatching anything this year for a variety of reasons.

But...thanks. I have another (ahemENABLER) friend who is trying to talk me into keeping a foster puppy. I am getting good at saying NO. Razz

Meet "Atom".... *sigh* I do NOT need another dog! I DO NOT need another dog!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by farmchiq on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 pm

farmchiq wrote:Oh I have an incubator, no worries there! Cindi has it right now. I am just not hatching anything this year for a variety of reasons.

But...thanks. I have another (ahemENABLER) friend who is trying to talk me into keeping a foster puppy. I am getting good at saying NO. Razz

How about a not foster puppy!

15Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Puppies are cute, but not as cute as chicks. And people cringe if you eat them when they get older. Embarassed You know you want to, you know......

16Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm

coopslave wrote:Puppies are cute, but not as cute as chicks. And people cringe if you eat them when they get older. Embarassed You know you want to, you know......

LOL

17Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:14 pm

coopslave wrote:Puppies are cute, but not as cute as chicks.

In this case I'm afraid I have to beg to differ... I added a picture above. I love you

18Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm

farmchiq wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Buh... *Falls over, googly eyes*

19Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 pm

I know. Crazy cute hey? And probably going to stay pretty small. Those floorboards are 2" wide. He's about 3 weeks. Gah! I think I might be doomed.

20Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I meet your puppy pic and raise you a chick pic. Laughing

21Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Okay FINE.

This is from about 2 weeks ago now. A male, cleeearly. He's interesting looking now, but his comb is sooooo bright red! I'm inexperienced, but I've never seen that before on a chick.

That's a rose comb, yeah? Not a cushion? Cushion has that feather line at this stage... right?

22Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry Sweetened for totally going off topic. Neutral

I'm just going to ask, and then leave this alone: Did your cute chickens knaw on your ankles until you picked them up? When you picked them up, did they snuffle your jaw and blow coffee puppy breath in your face, then lick your neck and fall asleep in the collar of your bathrobe? Did they make little piglet gruntling noises as they slept? And do their little kibble-mush-filled bellies feel like warm, smooth grapefruit when they've eaten so much (and made so much noise doing it) that all they can do is fall into a coma wherever they fall, in this case, on your shoulder? It made me late for work this morning because I just couldn't bear to move the sleeping pups.

I think I'm doomed....

23Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:20 am

farmchiq wrote:Sorry Sweetened for totally going off topic. Neutral

I'm just going to ask, and then leave this alone: Did your cute chickens knaw on your ankles until you picked them up? When you picked them up, did they snuffle your jaw and blow coffee puppy breath in your face, then lick your neck and fall asleep in the collar of your bathrobe? Did they make little piglet gruntling noises as they slept? And do their little kibble-mush-filled bellies feel like warm, smooth grapefruit when they've eaten so much (and made so much noise doing it) that all they can do is fall into a coma wherever they fall, in this case, on your shoulder? It made me late for work this morning because I just couldn't bear to move the sleeping pups.

I think I'm doomed....

You may highjack this thread for that at any time. I -melted-. D'awwwww

My puppies are way too big for that. I trade you! 2 big puppies for one of your little ones. I think is good deal.

24Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:35 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

25Show me your chicks Empty Re: Show me your chicks Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:

Meet "Atom".... *sigh* I do NOT need another dog! I DO NOT need another dog!!

farmchiq wrote:Sorry Sweetened for totally going off topic. Neutral

I think I'm doomed....

Congratulations on your new puppy Farmchiq! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum