Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

need email program help

+4
authenticfarm
Jonny Anvil
coopslave
Rasilon
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need email program help Empty need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi This is off topic but I nee dhelp. Can you people tell me what email programs you have to receive email on your computer. I was using Netscape but it is too old . I need another program so I don't have to keep going to the MTS live website to get mail thanks.
Geri

2need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had really good luck with Gmail. I can access if from any computer, it has been really reliable, I can have multiple email addresses free, I am on a whole, spam free.

3need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I will second Gmail.

I use a Mac desktop and have all my email accounts sinked to the Mail app.

But Like Coopslave mentioned you can access Gmail anywhere you have internet.

4need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just use the webmail provided by my internet service provider. I like not downloading e-mails to my computer.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rasilon wrote:Hi This is off topic but I nee dhelp. Can you people tell me what email programs you have to receive email on your computer. I was using Netscape but it is too old . I need another program so I don't have to keep going to the MTS live website to get mail thanks.
Geri

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cheers

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

6need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I also use gmail, however if privacy is something you want, you need to remember gmail has programs that read through your mail in order to provide you with 'applicable ads', some of which have startled and, frankly, disturbed me, but I email about starnge topics.

I am considering going to a paid service, as Gmail does read, filter and distribute email as 'required' without search warrants and so on due to some of the new internet laws passed in the US. I'm not pleased with that in the least.

However, undeniably, it is a great service

7need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bcboy wrote:
Rasilon wrote:Hi This is off topic but I nee dhelp. Can you people tell me what email programs you have to receive email on your computer. I was using Netscape but it is too old . I need another program so I don't have to keep going to the MTS live website to get mail thanks.
Geri

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cheers

Do you use this program? HOw is it?
Geri

8need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm

I use thunderbird if I want to attach files directly into the email rather than as attachments. Good link! I rarely think of it.

9need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweetened wrote:I use thunderbird if I want to attach files directly into the email rather than as attachments. Good link! I rarely think of it.

I want to be able to save email on my computer and work without having to go to the mts website. I can access the website from anywhere as well I just want the email to come to me to my computer
Geri

10need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 pm

foal0069

Geri,
I use yahoo.ca and have for years.

11need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use Microsoft Live Mail program, but the emails are downloaded from a Gmail account.

12need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Give Gmail a try, you never know.

13need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So what did you do? Surprised

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

14need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I use Telus webmail because that's who I get my internet through. I can check it online from anywhere or receive it on my computer through Windows Outlook. I also have a yahoo account that I've had for years.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

15need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've used the email service provided by Telus and a similar service offered by Xplornet. Their email service works just fine until you need to change your internet service provider. For that reason I'm now using gmail as we can switch isp's without having to change our email accounts. On the downside I wonder if the popular webmail services are more likely to get hacked.

16need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:50 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bcboy wrote:So what did you do? Surprised

Nothing yet. I looked at Thunderbird and it is almost the same as NEtscape MAy do that not sure

17need email program help Empty Re: need email program help Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:52 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:I've used the email service provided by Telus and a similar service offered by Xplornet. Their email service works just fine until you need to change your internet service provider. For that reason I'm now using gmail as we can switch isp's without having to change our email accounts. On the downside I wonder if the popular webmail services are more likely to get hacked.

Rosewood, that is why I like it too. We have been on Gmail for 5 years now and never been hacked (knock on wood!!).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum