Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

comparison dark layers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1comparison dark layers Empty comparison dark layers Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I stumbled on this photo and I thought it was interesting. The BCMarans hen in the front is the matriarch of the dark layer program. One of her daughters is behind her and the Blue Marans hen standing behind them both is being used in the program this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just thought it was neat to have them all standing and posing so closely together.

2comparison dark layers Empty Re: comparison dark layers Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I think they look very regal, very nice photo of the girls!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

3comparison dark layers Empty Re: comparison dark layers Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was looking at this picture again. The daughter of the BCMarans, is she purebreed marans? That blue marans is actually quite nice looking. I notice that she does not have alot of washed out blue like what I have seen in other blue marans that I don't like. Not sure how to describe what I haven't like when I've seen them, but that is the only way to describe it. Just for fun, when you can get around to it, get a better picture of these girls, I would like to see more of the body. That matriarch BCMarans looks very nice. What does BCMarans stand for anyways? British Columbia Marans? Is that the name of a farm or something. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

4comparison dark layers Empty Re: comparison dark layers Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM, the daughter at the back is the F1 of my program to have a smooth combed dark layer. I have posted pictures of them before. BC stands for Black Copper, just being LAZY! Embarassed
I don't have the matriarch any more, just her daughters and the blue. I can try to get better pictures of the blue for you, but it may not be for a few days. I do like her deep colour too. She is a little washed out at the moment (the feathers get a bit brownish when old) and needs a good moult, but still pretty.

5comparison dark layers Empty Re: comparison dark layers Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good luck with your program. Joan, I will call you tomorrow after work.. Dan 403 240-2275

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum