Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wholefoods to Label GMO foods by 2018

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wholefoods to Label GMO foods by 2018 Empty Wholefoods to Label GMO foods by 2018 Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Finally someone has taken a stance in North America. Once one does it, watch the rest tumble over each other to get on the bandwagon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I wrote to the minister of Agriculture Gerry Ritz, requesting they make GMO labelling mandatory. This was around the time they were voting on the subject.
He wrote me back an e-mail to placiate me, saying the normal BS about how important the safety of consumers is, etc, etc and that is why they've made GM labelling voluntary, blah, blah, blah....
I suggested they make taxes the same way, and see how effective it is. So far he has not responded. Hmmmm
At least companies who choose to label their products will not be sued for it anymore. Guess we have to enjoy the little things.
Is there a Wholefoods in NB?

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

None that I know of (at least, not around here) but if the companies themselves comply with public pressure, it won't matter what the 'bought and paid for' government officials do.

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It's definitely a start, and hopefully many stores will do the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum