Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

can i put my chicks in coop yet?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1can i put my chicks in coop yet? Empty can i put my chicks in coop yet? Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:36 pm

tiffanyh11

New Here

hello all, i have 13 3 week old Bantams in my basement.. my coop is insulated, and 2 250watt heat lamps in there temp is ranging from 70 - 80 its really warm in there.. can i put these guys out there.. thannk

2can i put my chicks in coop yet? Empty Re: can i put my chicks in coop yet? Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

tiffanyh11 wrote:hello all, i have 13 3 week old Bantams in my basement.. my coop is insulated, and 2 250watt heat lamps in there temp is ranging from 70 - 80 its really warm in there.. can i put these guys out there.. thannk
They say to start at 95 degrees and lower by 5 every week. If it was at 80 degrees at the coldest part of the day I would give it a try. If they bunch all together you would have to raise the temperature by 5 to 85 degrees. The heat lamps are hanging from the ceiling? You could have one 3 or 4 feet off the ground. Lower the lamp until they spread out but not so low that it starts a fire in the pine shavings. That should keep the chicks warm.
Let us know what happens so we all learn from it.
Thanks.
Kimball

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum