Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what do you worm your chickens with

+3
triplejfarms
coopslave
Rasilon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what do you worm your chickens with Empty what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was talkign to a lady and she said her chickens had worms never
thought to ask what she treated them with. Do you people routinely
deworm your chickens and what with ? Thanks Geri

2what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am a bit naughty, I use whatever pour on we happen to be using on the cattle. Just fill a small syringe and sneak in at night and treat them all.

3what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:I am a bit naughty, I use whatever pour on we happen
to be using on the cattle. Just fill a small syringe and sneak in at
night and treat them all.

But I don't have any cattles. no cattles so no cattles stuff. Does your cattles stuff have a name ?
Geri

4what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It usually has ivermectin (or something in the mectin family) as the active ingredient. Can go by a few different product names.

5what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I use piprazine in the spring ( water solution you mix in their drinking water, Buy it at co-ops, ufa"s), ivermectine pour on in the fall Smile

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

6what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Piperazine and eprinex.

I have injectable Noromectin. Can I give it orally or pour on? Which animals?

7what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:49 pm

I use Diatomaceous earth. There are a few here who are uncertain of its worthiness, but i'll tell you something.

I read about it being a wormer and, when I bought Bella, a puppy, she was very bloated, so I decided to give it a try -- couldn't hurt right? 3 days of mixing a tablespoon into her food a day and she was eliminating long strings of worms, then chunks, then balls of dead worms. This went on for about a week before it cleared up and I kept her on the DE for 14 days to make sure everything had been pushed out. I mix it into the feed here regularly for 2 weeks at a time, and i try to give it to the otudoor cats often.

It works for me, I've seen it work. AND the chickens LOVE to dustbathe in it. Put a box of it in the middle of the coop and they'll dust themselves AND the coop while eating all they please.

8what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

eprinex

9what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I use the Diatomaceous Earth as well. Sometimes I will use the Piperazine just to make sure.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

10what do you worm your chickens with Empty Re: what do you worm your chickens with Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I use what ever I have for our cattle, and then put a tablespoon of cider vinagar with live culture in each 1 gallon of water. It helps fight worms in the bird, Europe uses cider vinagar a lot in there chickens water!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum