Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is attending the NCAPA Show this weekend?

+3
Hidden River
triplejfarms
Jonny Anvil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

Well the show is coming up this weekend, sure crept up fast, well for me at least. I entered in 12 birds a few turkeys and the rest chickens, as things stand. I have had so much do to I haven't gotten anyone ready for the show. Shocked With my brother's wedding this past weekend, and all things related it took a great deal of my time, and getting caught up on chores and such this week was mandatory. I have had no time to get things prepared.

My Turkeys are ready for the show, but I have not bathed any chickens yet, and at this point I am thinking it might be a bit to late Sad Been so busy that I haven't had much time.
Feb is such a busy month with well over 12 birthdays including mine, and the wedding we just had I tell you just sitting down and typing this message is a nice break.

My goal is to get my Garage tidied up so I can get my conditioning pen in, and at least try to get a few birds I really want opinions on washed and ready to go.

I made it a goal to attend the show and I am without a doubt going to be there, weather or not all my entries I wanted to bring make it to coop in is a different story, but I plan on being in attendance.

Once Coop out is done with on Sunday, for the first time I hate to say it but I will be one of those who sneaks out and hits the road....but knowing me I might just start pitching in... until the very last minute so I am not late for my B-Day dinner with family.

I am really looking forwards to seeing all the familiar faces, and a few new ones I hope, sadly I don't think I will be bringing cupcakes on Sunday after all, I think I am getting a cold and would rather not share that with others.

So who else is going?

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i will be there i only have 3 cornish entered tho...

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Too far for me to travel this time of year, and my girls have 4-H speeches this Saturday and then lambing just around the corner, just too busy.
I know how it goes Jonny always the best of intentions in doing things and then something puts a loop into your plans.
I hope you enjoy the show, get some birds there, and have a great Birthday as well.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it's important to remember these shows are supposed to be fun. When you start to feel pressured for time, stressed out and not enjoying it, its time to be kind to yourself. Maybe choose 2 or 3 favorites to bring along instead of 12.
Hope to see you there feeling well and enjoying your birthday weekend, Jonny! Very Happy

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Not showing anything, but I will be there Sunday. I cant wait to meet a few new people and see a few I have met before!

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi

I will be going with 18-20 birds. 8 LF Wyandottes and 10-12 bantams.

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Personally I enjoy going to these shows, it only took one before I started to enter in birds, and ever since I have been hooked.
One of my biggest enjoyments from the shows is the chance to see what other's have for stock, and a chance to have the experts take the time to evaluate and inform myself on the condition of my birds. I credit going to these shows and entering in the select birds that I have been for the reason to learn more about them, for the over all improvement to my lines.

KathyS wrote:I think it's important to remember these shows are supposed to be fun. When you start to feel pressured for time, stressed out and not enjoying it, its time to be kind to yourself. Maybe choose 2 or 3 favorites to bring along instead of 12.
Hope to see you there feeling well and enjoying your birthday weekend, Jonny! Very Happy

I think you are right Kathy, should be more kind to myself.....after all I am supposed to be limiting my stress, and I feel a little on edge.... Deep breath!

I decided to go clean the garage, went rather well. It was when I decided to bring in the now frozen snow covered conditioning pen out of the ice (Stored it outside from the Dec show and didn't cover it) only to have the entire bottom part come off when I lifted it out Sad Figured I could repair it but after taking a closer look. It would take me longer to rebuild it than a new one. With no materials to build anything else I'm calling it..

I think the idea of only one or two might be for the best, rather have a stress free weekend I think.

So here I sit, feet up on the couch, brain storming.... what now? LOL

chicken crack

chicken crack

I will be there with both my girls and one son. One daughter is showing a roo, I and my other daughter are entering a rabbit each on Sunday. We will be there tonight to coop in the roo but then be back only for the sunday portion.I need to get a camper so I can go to the shows and stay there without a hotel room. I love it when my parents do that and we get to share:)

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

So far I have three Chooks ready......

Might coop in a few tonight and the rest I get ready tomorrow!

chicken crack

chicken crack

Will be there bright and early in the morning and can't wait!!!

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

norma will you be ther ein the afternoon? we are going to come around 2pm and i have eggs for rosa Calvert ( rosies zoo) can i bring them for you?

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum