Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using Science to Catch Rustlers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Using Science to Catch Rustlers Empty Using Science to Catch Rustlers Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

A farmer used DNA tests to prove that stolen cattle were related to other animals in his herd. They were stolen by his neighbour, some people.

F.S.I. - Farm Scene Investigation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Using Science to Catch Rustlers Empty Re: Using Science to Catch Rustlers Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:06 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love this line:

"He then proceeded to give me a description of the cattle," Strube said. "It was a very good description of the cattle that he hadn't seen."

3Using Science to Catch Rustlers Empty Re: Using Science to Catch Rustlers Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I heard this story and was really upset for him. All my bulls are DNA'd too so I could track my cows too. Interesting though there was no mention of the famous CCIA tags all cows are supposed to have in their ears. I guess they might have been replaced.

I can't believe the neighbour isn't being properly prosecuted.

I'd be so gutted to lose 10 purebred bred heifers. Once put on that feed their digestive systems would be ruined and they would never be the same again.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4Using Science to Catch Rustlers Empty Re: Using Science to Catch Rustlers Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok seriously they still rustle cattle?? I thought we as a society had passed that point in life.
Our justice system can be a joke at times.
Good for him for being smart enough to prove it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum