Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randomly hating Canadian artists

+7
KendraG
heda gobbler
auntieevil
Schipperkesue
Fowler
authenticfarm
uno
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Eating toast, drinking coffee, listening to the CBC when the two most barf inducing singers EVER were played. Why on earth would they do that this time of the day?

Rufus Wainright, I would rather stick my face into the whirring blades of my lawnmower than have to listen to this insufferable, drippy idiot. His singing is pointless and his interview flare just as pointless. I am more amuseddigging through a torn bag of filth from my vacuum cleaner than listening to Poopus Painwright. I cannot stand the man!

Teaghan and Sarah. Why does someone not slug these two lukewarm, talentless twin cuties? YUCK! Every song they sing sounds like every other song they sing. And it all sounds like farts in a bathtub. I hear those two and wonder what set of accidental events got them to where they are, which I hope to GOrdon is nowhere near me! WOW! THere is no justice in this world when people like those two twerps manage to get famous.

Corb Lund, Gordon Lightfoot, even old tightly bound and practically personalityless Anne Murray, the Bare Naked Ladies, Red Rider...this country does have talent but I think Rufus and the twins should be our next export, or deport or unplug. Ugh. Now I can't eat.

Who do you hate listening to?

2Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Justin Bieber's music makes me positively stabby.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I did like the Rankin Family but Jimmy Rankin all by himself makes my ears bleed. Oh and CBC LOVES to play Jimmy Rankin.

4Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

A couple months ago CBC one said they were going to play something new by 'Men Without Hats'. They played it. It sounded exactly like 'Safety Dance'. Then they mocked it. I am not sure if they set it up preparing to mock, but after hearing the song I don't think they could help it. It sounded just like 'Safety Dance' only worse.

5Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:49 pm

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So we're to send all the R. Wainright CDs we can find to Uno? Is this correct?
Since I have no idea of whom you speak, it shan't happen soon from here.
We have satellite TV and listen to music there, it is a simple fix to switch to something else, when say, a Karen Carpenter, or equally dull song comes on.
Can't say many songs haunt me as they do you, but that's probably because I choose to and do change the station. Or turn it off when I can't. Then I just sing my favorite Dave Matthews tunes!

6Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

CBC has a lot to answer for. I'd agree with your list Uno. Not much of one for Jimmy Rankin or other drunken sad Celts in pubs yowling away.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

7Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Which reminds me, it isn't just Canadians, those "Celtic Thunder" specials make my skin crawl!

8Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sheesh, we are an intolerant bunch!

9Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:25 pm

KendraG

KendraG

Johnny Reid.

When he comes on the radio, I turn it off. Suspect

10Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

See? Not just a Canadian but a caterwauling Celt into the bargain.

11Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, how could I have forgotten my least favourite ever? If Bieber makes me stabby, Jonny Reid makes me positively homicidal.

12Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

For me its Celine Dion, thank Gordon we deported her to Vegas. So she can now eek out her craptacular existance. Oh and Mariah Carey they both hit notes that make my ears bleed affraid

13Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It must be a CBC thing either that or that Jealous virus is alive and doing well.

14Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK dredging up bad memories.

Two horrific experiences;

1. Rita MacNeil singing Proud Mary.

2. Tommy Hunter singing CCR's Travelin' Band <shudder>

15Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Whoa , what the heck are you guys punishing yourself with ? Go back a few years .....okay maybe a few more and then you'll find the real thing .......Join Us on The dark side ...........we have cookies ...........

16Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooooh Prairie Dog, a whole new avatar! I love it!

17Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote: .......Join Us on The dark side ...........we have cookies ...........

That is on my Husband's blackberry to indicate a message has been sent, it scares me everything that he gets a bbm!! Its that whispering of those words that the phone does, oooooh, scarey, I mean it!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

18Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yah but they have cookies!! Cookies are good.

I too am lovin prairie dogs avatar, thats how I feel some days LOL

19Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:A couple months ago CBC one said they were going to play something new by 'Men Without Hats'. They played it. It sounded exactly like 'Safety Dance'. Then they mocked it. I am not sure if they set it up preparing to mock, but after hearing the song I don't think they could help it. It sounded just like 'Safety Dance' only worse.

I like 'Pop Goes the World'.

I don't like Corey Heart or Crash Test Dummies.
Funny about Corey Heart was a few years ago I saw him in an interview saying how he felt his videos in the 80s type casted him, ruined is career. The interview was about his comback. I swear when they showed the 'new video' he was still doing the same schtick as he did in the 80s. Sad.

20Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

toybarons wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:A couple months ago CBC one said they were going to play something new by 'Men Without Hats'. They played it. It sounded exactly like 'Safety Dance'. Then they mocked it. I am not sure if they set it up preparing to mock, but after hearing the song I don't think they could help it. It sounded just like 'Safety Dance' only worse.

Funny about Corey Heart was a few years ago I saw him in an interview saying how he felt his videos in the 80s type casted him, ruined is career. The interview was about his comback. I swear when they showed the 'new video' he was still doing the same schtick as he did in the 80s. Sad.
............there's a lot of artist that are just as they say "" a flash in the pan "" I think that if they start off with a huge hit ,it distroys any chance of evolveing into what might have been a great career ? A lot of good one hit wonders out there ,unfortunatly they never get past that point

21Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:
toybarons wrote:

............there's a lot of artist that are just as they say "" a flash in the pan "" I think that if they start off with a huge hit ,it distroys any chance of evolveing into what might have been a great career ? A lot of good one hit wonders out there ,unfortunatly they never get past that point

Often MoreMuchMusic plays "The Top 100 One Hit Wonders." Always fun to see a video, hear a tune that strikes a "I remember that!" response. Hey that can be a topic by itself.

22Randomly hating Canadian artists Empty Re: Randomly hating Canadian artists Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm

A new posting that you give the artist's name ,the songs name and the lyrics and what and why you like them ?? I'd be game for that ........but just Canadain Artist's ??? How about North American ???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum