Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who was looking for a cast iron pot?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Seems they have one on sale ay CT!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have this one, works good for bean pot or oven stews or casseroles, even heat, and holds it extremely well.

But be warned, very, very heavy and you have to dry carefully, like all cast iron the bottom can get rusty (although the rest is coated so easier to maintain than straight cast iron)

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a great price.
I ended up buying the one at Costco. It is great. Large enough to put one of my cockerels in and cook slowly my other one was too small. Yum. Haven't tried anything else in it yet. Mine is ceramic all over so I don't have the rust issues. I think it may be bigger than the one show and Miry is right, very heavy but I love it!

4Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm pretty sure it was Farmchiq. When I was at her place a little bit ago, I saw the beautiful red one that she bought. It must have been on sale too, otherwise she would not have bought it. It is fantastic! It is very large and is a roaster, my Husband picked up the lid and could barely lift it, smiling that big smile. I have a small red cast iron pot from CT, but I NEED a bigger roaster style, like Gangnem style, smiling. What a catchy video. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

5Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM, I think Farmchiq got hers at Costco too. I seem to remember us all chatting about them here somewhere. Her purchase is what made me go there to look and see if it was bigger than the one I already had. They are great for cooking birds and it sounds like a few other things too. Very Happy

6Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:34 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee, hee, oh ya for sure, Coopslave, probably was. That woman is a Costco freak!! Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 am

CynthiaM wrote:That woman is a Costco freak!!

NO I'M NOT!!

Harrumph!

Thanks Sue - it was me that was looking. And I did buy my big red 7 qt coated cast iron pot at Costco, after looking at CT and seeing the prices when they're not on sale. pale I think the one at Costco was about $85. I love it too, Coopslave.

Funny, I think mine is heavy, but since I do all my own heavy lifting at home (unlike SOME PEOPLE I KNOW WHO DEPEND SOLELY ON THEIR LONG-SUFFERING HUSBANDS!!! tongue ) I don't find it overly-so. I would recommend it any time.

8Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't find it overly heavy either, but I am not exactly a petite little thing. Wink

Don't worry, I get the Costco thing, I am there often (sorry Uno).

9Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 pm

coopslave wrote:I don't find it overly heavy either, but I am not exactly a petite little thing. Wink

Don't worry, I get the Costco thing, I am there often (sorry Uno).

Coopslave, you and I have regal, royal HEIGHT on our side, which I would take any day over being a short-ass troll who can't even reach the cupboard over the sink.

Just saying...

Now where were we? Ah yes. Cast iron ovens. That one that you provided Sue is only a 4 qt. which would not likely even do for a small cockeral. I know this because after Sweetened mentioned the other day that she often starts a crock pot with a frozen bird in it, I tried to jam a small cockeral into my 5 qt crock pot with NO success. I found myself wishing for a band saw so I could saw the legs shorter and put it in. I really wanted to come home to cooked food!! Instead I had to go buy a bigger crock pot (NOT at Costco either Razz ) before I could stew that bird.

10Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:
Coopslave, you and I have regal, royal HEIGHT on our side, which I would take any day over being a short-ass troll who can't even reach the cupboard over the sink.
Just saying...

Shocked

Are you referring to me Razz . And you want me to make pancake batter for our blueberry pancake breakfast at your house tomorrow morning? Are you sure you know what you are getting into Twisted Evil Troll, huh? Something evil this way comes Shocked . Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

11Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Did anyone see me mention anyone in particular???? See you tomorrow. Yum~ Suspect I'm going to eat so many blueberries that I turn into one. Razz

12Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Speaking of Costco, if you have one in your area, you might want to check around. I just found out that (around here) a local auction company has a liquidation warehouse and they get all kinds of stuff that doesn't sell fast enough at Costco. Quite an assortment out there.

13Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Blue troll.

14Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Fowler wrote:Speaking of Costco, if you have one in your area, you might want to check around. I just found out that (around here) a local auction company has a liquidation warehouse and they get all kinds of stuff that doesn't sell fast enough at Costco. Quite an assortment out there.

Is that MTF Warehouse maybe? I know they sell overstock and damaged stuff and every now and then you'll find a Costco label in there.

15Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Empty Re: Who was looking for a cast iron pot? Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, just a small local auction house here in NB. I think they often handle liquidations and such (recognized some stuff there from a business that recently closed). They must have gotten a local contract to take Costco's castoffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum