Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Variety of roosters for sale.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Variety of roosters for sale. Empty Variety of roosters for sale. Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:57 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a few roosters here that you may want to consider as you plan your spring breeding pens. I will go out today and take a few pictures.

1. 2010 bearded Showgirl rooster. Or would that be a Showboy? I got him last year from Cornel who in turn got him from Sheryl Butler in Washington. This fertile boy helped me get my breeding project going but I want silkies, not showgirls, so I would like to part with him.

2. 2012 red Cornish bantam rooster. I have darks, BLR and RLW from PerrySchofield. Perry loves his colours and has lots of projects on the go. Last spring I did a test hatch where all my birds were in one pen. I planned to keep a few and eat the rest. Well now I have a large number in the freezer as unlike most Cornish bantams I have heard of, these guys were VERY fertile. Anyway, this little red guy stood out from the three other colours soi kept him in case anyone might be interested in using him for a project.

3. RLW Ameraucana project roosters. With Coopslave's help I have been working on a BLR Ameraucana. Bred to a blue or even better a blue Wheaton hen, there is a chance you could get chicks with lacing. I have 4 of these boys and only need one. If you are interested in trying something similar, let me know.

2Variety of roosters for sale. Empty Re: Variety of roosters for sale. Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

RavenWood

RavenWood

What is RLW and BLR? Can you explain the program you are working on?

https://www.facebook.com/RavenwoodAcresHeritagePoultry

3Variety of roosters for sale. Empty Re: Variety of roosters for sale. Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Red laced white and blue laced red. I am trying to use the RLW roo to create a BLR color in Ameraucana.

4Variety of roosters for sale. Empty Re: Variety of roosters for sale. Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 pm

RavenWood

RavenWood

Ooooo I love colour genetics. I know a bit about horse and dog coat colour, but I know nothing about the inheritance of coat ... er ... plumage colours in chickens! Something new to study! So did you use other breeds to introduce the desired colour into the Ameraucana or is it just hiding as a recessive or a lost dominant somewhere? I'm looking for a pure Ameraucana rooster but was hoping to find one closer to home (where are you?) I'd love to see photos of the 4 you have available.

As an aside schipperkesue ... is your moniker the result of an affinity for the breed? My cousin used to breed Schips in Saskatchewan.

https://www.facebook.com/RavenwoodAcresHeritagePoultry

5Variety of roosters for sale. Empty Re: Variety of roosters for sale. Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I started with a BLR, lost him then took up again with a RKW. from Coopie. Is will be a long shot to produce a BLR but you never know.

I have been breeding Schips for over 20 years. I may know your cousin.

Schipperke color genetics, on the other hand, are pretty simple!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum