Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ameraucana....or is he?

+5
Fowler
Dark Wing Duck
SerJay
ipf
Schipperkesue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This guy has an interesting story. One morning Doug yelled, "Hey, there is a chicken on the road!" And sure enough there was. By the time I got outside he was strolling up the front drive. He is a handsome fellow and decided to stay. I did not discourage him. I gave him some girls and he is happy. He has the comb, beard and feet of an Ameraucana, but the color? I am not sure what you would call it. Help me out!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:09 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Looks like Ameraucana to me - our Amer Rafe looks just like him. Don't know what you'd call the colour, but Amers come in many variants.

3Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

looks faverolle-ish in colour but comb looks small Question

4Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

He's a nice looking bird!

5Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So THAT'S why he crossed the road.

6Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Fowler wrote:So THAT'S why he crossed the road.

ROFL!!!!!!

Is looks like it wants to be a duckwing colouration, but fails.

7Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:59 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had one from performance that looked identical to him. He disappeared one day. I always thought he was kinda pretty

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

8Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

I had some easter egger roos from rochester that looked just like that.

9Ameraucana....or is he? Empty We had his twin! Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

WOW! I showed your photo to my husband and he thought it was our guy! They look like twins!

Ours was an Easter Egger. His mom was an Ameraucana (her father)/Silver penciled Whyndotte (mother)cross. His dad was an Easter egger. I'll see if we kept photos and send them to you if you wish. Enjoy him!

10Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

smokyriver wrote:I had one from performance that looked identical to him. He disappeared one day. I always thought he was kinda pretty

Do you want your rooster back, Smokey? Though is seems a shame that he had to walk 450 km to get to me just to send him back again.

11Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lol I figure he must have hitched a ride on one of the semis that delivered pipe!! Lol. I must be a horrible owner for him to be that desperate to get away. Guess I threatened to butcher him a few too many times. I guess you better keep him.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

12Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:52 am

boothcreek

Beautiful easter egger rooster!!! If its not 1 of the 8 recognized varieties(or lavender) its an Easter egger and not an Ameraucana.

Rochesters for example are Easter eggers just like 99.9% of US hatchery "Ameraucanas/Araucanas".

Easter eggers are gorgeous tho, you never know what you get. He does look like he tried to copy a salmon faverolle in colour.

http://www.boothcreekranch.com

13Ameraucana....or is he? Empty Re: Ameraucana....or is he? Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:00 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just wish I had a better picture so you could see just how beautiful this guy is. I chased him around with my iPad yesterday. He just wasn't interested in being photogenic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum