Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Prarie Chick

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey Prarie Chick Empty Hey Prarie Chick Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Prairie Chick! Wrote you an email, just wondering if you got it?

2Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Susan....since you are keeping tabs on this...I have three ducks!!! They are doing great so far. I don't know when I have received a better gift then those egg btw so thank you.

Oh...and sequin may have been unfaithful as one EO has feathery feet!?!? Suspect

3Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Wed May 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Susan sry was away most if the day today. I will reply to your email right away, since I finally have a minute to sit down. Very Happy

4Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 5:43 am

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My apology for thread stealing..that may have been rude! Busy time of year...everyone is so tough to get ahold of!

5Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks PC. Poplar Girl - no worries I've been dying to know!!!you are the duckling hatching goddess!! But first- about the EOs! Seriously?? There's no way she could have gotten out! Now I'm really worried. The first hatch after separating for 3 weeks, one boy had the tiniest feathers between his toes. I didn't even notice till a friend saw them. I wasn't too worried thought maybe it just hadn't been long enough. My oldest are now 10 weeks and the 3 hens I hatched from Claire are8 weeks. There seems to be quite a difference in color between hers and mine. This is actually why I was emailing PC because I got Sequin and Sparkle from her. I'm a little worried that there might be something mixed in. I'm going to take pics and post them on the EO thread on ACE and will let everyone know what I find out. Wow whaat a start to the day. I'm delighted about the ducklings and also Worried about my EOs.

6Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Too soon to tell what color my EOs from your eggs will feather out to. I will try to take a pic of the feather footed baby this weekend. I would be interested in knowing if there is any chance or cross breeding at Val's. I have a lots of color variation in the chicks from SLF so who knows, maybe it is just two recessive traits that both your birds have.

Worth some further discussion for sure!

7Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

poplar girl wrote: I would be interested in knowing if there is any chance or cross breeding at Val's.

The chances of that is a BIG fat zero. I didnt breed them, just hatched the eggs.

8Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 8:22 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Prairie Chick wrote:
poplar girl wrote: I would be interested in knowing if there is any chance or cross breeding at Val's.

The chances of that is a BIG fat zero. I didnt breed them, just hatched the eggs.
That's what I figured. Suspect recessive genes is my vote then...

9Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes, I got my Eos from PC when they were 6 weeks or so old. Not sure where the feathered feet are coming from. She never did get out. I wonder if there is another breed in there coming out? Did anyone else ever see this?

10Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Thu May 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep my vote as well. If it's a hen she will have be used for a layer not a breeder.

11Hey Prarie Chick Empty Re: Hey Prarie Chick Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had a Cuckoo Maran start laying green eggs on me. The breeding stock came from Performance (wherever he got them, I don't know) and I know the guy who hatched my chicks didn't cross anything. Crosses can stay hidden for a while methinks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum