Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brinsea eco50 brooder

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brinsea eco50 brooder Empty Brinsea eco50 brooder Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:05 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

For those who may have this how do you like it? I am wanting to cut power costs, and according to specs I can run 4 of these to one heat lamp. Last year I had 6 lamps going between 3 pens. How do you like them? If there are likes, dislikes please let me know. Thanks

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Brinsea eco50 brooder Empty Re: Brinsea eco50 brooder Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:29 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smokey River, I used the eco 50 all last year and I do like it. It gives a soft, gentle heat. I had mine set up in the basement of our house where I keep newly hatched chicks for the first 3 days before being moved out to the brooder house.
It is adjustable for height and takes a bit of experimenting to find a comfortable setting for the chicks to keep them from huddling. This makes me think it may not provide enough heat in an unheated building. But in an already-warm area like our finished basement it is just enough extra warmth for them and much safer and more energy efficient than a heat lamp.
Clayton could probably provide more details on whether the brooders would be sufficient without a supplemental heat source.

Brinsea eco50 brooder Ecoglow

Last edited by KathyS on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

3Brinsea eco50 brooder Empty Re: Brinsea eco50 brooder Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have 2 of the Eco20s and like them. It has to be low enough that they chicks can 'push' up into it for contact heat if they want to, just like they would do with mum. Sometimes I put a piece of board under part of mine so the ones that really want to be warm or are a bit smaller can go up there and the others are just happy to be under the other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum