Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

call ducks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1call ducks Empty call ducks Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:09 pm

olesoftie

This didn't post the first time so hope it will now. I have 2 little call ducks and they are dirty around their eyes otherwise healthy and happy. They are in a big cage with a bowl of water and their feed. Temperature of room is 50-55 F. I bring them in in the winter as it gets too cold for them. Any suggestions?? Thank you

2call ducks Empty Re: call ducks Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are not dipping there heads in the water enough. I would take each and with some warm water wash around the eyes to clean. You may have to do this weekly or every few days until they go back outside in the spring. Callducks tend to do this if they don't have actual swimming water, unlike other ducks.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

3call ducks Empty Re: call ducks Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:06 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I wanted to say mine are still having the same routine as the rest of the year. They are locked in at night but are out all day. They have access to the horse barn and the hay barn ( where they sleep at night). I fill their swimming pool every morning and make a few puddles for the one female who does not get in the pool. All my ducks and geese ( small to large) bathe everyday and so far seem to be tolerating the weather. They have access to shelter but they all seem to be out all day most days. I find like heather said if they dont swim or have a good dunk they get yucky real fast.

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4call ducks Empty call ducks Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:00 pm

olesoftie

Thank you for your advice and help. I know last year they had a bigger bowl and they never got this. Again thank you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum