Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happiness is...

+14
Fowler
CynthiaM
R. Roo
lazyfarmer
KathyS
Schipperkesue
pops coops
happychicks
smokyriver
authenticfarm
toybarons
coopslave
Hidden River
Ruffledfeathers
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happiness is... Empty Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Okay so the last couple days have been a struggle for me and some of my family it is nothing major. We can very much deal with it but every once in a while I feel like I'm the bottom of the totem pole so to speak....

I have been chatted with many different people this last couple weeks online, inline, in person when I'm buying parts. And there seems to be a general depressed air about life lately.

Everybody that I have talked with has told me they feel the same thing and thats its starting to bring them down. Can you just chalk it up to the holidays, financial stress, health stress, family stress.....

Well today this thought passed thru my head. When we were in school and the class was having a hard time concentrating our teacher would ask us individually What is your happinness today?

I'm gonna start

My happiness is being able to put my favorite movie on and eat my oatmeal then pass out cold and wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the rest of the day!Without anybody harassing me to get going.

2Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good post ruffled feathers, gives us all something to think about.
My happiness today will be home in 15 minutes, my young 4-H cloverbuds are coming out to cook some cookies. We get together once a month and though I might say it is a difficult job at times I truely enjoy this little group of kids, to teach them some knowledge of the little things in life, and get some satisfaction I have done what I can to help them along. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Good Post ! ,my happiness comes in the form of hearing something positive that has happened somewhere in the world ,gives me hope that everything isn't going down the tubes and gives me reason to try harder to make a differance ,that and seeing my son ,who always reminds me that he loves me dearly

4Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:45 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

For me it is as simple as riding my horse with no other thoughts in my head. Just me and him and nothing else. Not easy to do but heaven when it happens. Very Happy

5Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

My happiness is on days like this when my joints hurt so bad and I don't feel 100% that I can just do what I have to do in my home. If that means the floor doesn't get vacumned or the dusting done, then it stays for another day. It means when my love comes home I know that despite things not being done, he smiles at me.

6Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Baby giggles. They cure everything.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:16 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

My happiness today came from the big hugs and smiles I got this morning and the I love you's that came from my 3 year old after he threw up all over me. How could you not be happy after that? LOL. It was just perfect, me standing there covered in vomit and my little boy giving me hugs and saying he loved me. He also told me it was an accident! So cute, but gross at the same time!! Then my older children helped me clean up after him and sent me for a nap because I had been up all night with Justus and Willow. Both have been sick for a couple days.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

8Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My happiness the last few days has been a chance to sleep in without having to worry about an alarm clock. Though the reason for that is Dad being in the hospital, however, it still felt good to get some extra sleep and I will be refreshed to renew my care of him when he gets home.

9Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

To me it is doing somthing great for others and making sure all family and friends are happy and well fed, The world economy is getting bad and it brings everyone down, cook a good meal have a drink with friends and family and a great conversation, clean you coops

http://www.popscoops.com

10Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

After a day like today...a day of intensive kid wrangling...my happiness come from my chores. I enjoy watching those chickens and I could sit and do it for hours.

11Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've been feeling down since losing my very special, but very old friend, Misty last week. She was a beautiful Golden Retriever and we had her for almost 15 years.
Even though that is incredibly old for a large dog, I kept hoping Misty would be around just a bit longer, but she began having seizures. She was tired, miserable and ready to leave this world. I considered it an honour to take her in to the vet clinic and be with her to the very end.

So anyway, today I got home from work feeling frazzled and tired. Work is busy, life is busy etc etc. I didnt mention this before but 6 weeks ago I got a new pup. I didn't get a livestock guardian dog like I planned. Instead I got another little Golden Retriever. I realized that Misty had been a perfect fit for our family and when I saw little "Bailey" I knew she was the one.

Today when I went to the barn to see her she came running to me with such unbridled joy and energy, I couldn't help but start laughing out loud. She is absolutely adorable. There is nothing like a pup (or a baby, Authenticfarm) to lift a heavy heart!

Thank you for inviting some happy thoughts!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

12Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Great post. Thank you for helping me remember how great I have it. I love you

13Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 am

lazyfarmer

We have 2 feet of snow and it is 20 below, and dark most of the day, just like winter is suppose to be, I love it. I was gifted with 5 muscovys on Tuesday morning, wait that is not all. At 4 pm I went out to check on them and there it was a perfect white globe on the hay, WHOO HOO breakfast, I have had no eggs for a month. Wednesday morning I go in to feed the chickens, and a little egg on the floor, 4 pm another chicken egg, and 1 more duck egg. The small things in life keep this troll happy. I am happy where I am and what I am doing. You just have to look at what is happening in your life and ask, am I happy? If not change it. The only thing stopping us is fear and common sense. I have learned long ago only I can make a difference in my life. I choose my state of happiness according to the dictates of my well being.
Yesterday I was referred to as both a troll and a grinch, as I dislike Christmas time, But it does not matter to me what others see as happiness to them, or how I should be to be happy. I have my own set of happiness measures.

14Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 am

R. Roo

Last edited by R. Roo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

15Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happiness, pretty much the same as grateful, a thin line betwixt the two. I am happy and grateful for many things. But really what makes me happy is cooking an evening meal, full of yummy stuff to eat, from our garden and farm. My family makes me happy and the way that my Grandsons, both in their teens think the best thing in the world, since sliced bread, is their Grandparents. Always open arms and a big kiss when they see us. Knowing that our Grandsons still can hug and kiss, being in those teenage years, really makes me happy. Oh yes. My Husband. What more could make me happy than for him to still love me, after all these years. My dogs. Never cease to bring a smile to my face and the chickens of course. Most of the time I have a happy face when I am with them. Now and then, when I have to do things, like put canestan cream inside and outside a chicken bum does not make me happy. But probably only a couple more days of that and the hen will have a well bum again. (A post coming in a bit about that chicken butt, no injury, just something needed attention Shocked Shocked . It really doesn't take much to make me happy. Oh ya, I am happy that this morning I am meeting for breakfast with two very good friends, Farmchiq and Uno, very happy about that. I have wonderful health and a fit body. That I think makes me happiest of all, although I am a little stiff in my calves from Yoga 101 last night Razz Beautiful thread, to go along with my wishes for a beautiful day and life for us all, CynthiaM.

16Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like the saying, "Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got."

So yeah, I'm happy.

Although one highlight the other day was having the youngest help bake some Christmas cookies (yes, I cook on occasion).

17Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Happiness is spending an evening ordering garden seeds. I spent 3 hours last night online ordering my seeds. I should be able to live off that high until they arrive. They will be here before Christmas and then all I have to do is make it until Mid February and I will start planting!!! Deep breaths!! I have been volunteered by my mentor to do some of the town baskets this year. I have 200 red and 200 white wave petunias for them. The town participates in the communities in Bloom program and we have done well in the past. I sure don't want to mess up their flowers. The extra flowers will be put into baskets and sprinkled over the town to any business who cares to water them (and return my pots at the end of the year)! After the flowers leave I will start planting vegies. Tomatoes, cukes melons....I am hoping to have lettuce by the end of March for my table.

Wow...I am a total nerd!!!

18Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 am

chicken crack

chicken crack

Carmen, I think your great. Nerd? Maybe I am too then..

I am happy today because my boys are not screaming (much) and I will soon be outside doing chores when they nap. I get such happiness to watch the critters.
Also, last night I spent some more 1 on 1 time with my middle child. We have almost finished her rabbit hutch she designed. Feels good to have 1 on 1 with the kids. They all love it and me too.

19Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:17 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

chicken crack wrote:

I am happy today because my boys are not screaming

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Going sailing with my buddy Morgan.

21Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: Going sailing with my buddy Morgan.
Is he a Captain? Suspect

22Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Is he a Captain? Suspect

ROFL

Wow! What a coincidence. I also have a friend named Captain Morgan and he makes me VERY happy!! drunken

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

23Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Is he a Captain? Suspect

You know him too?!

24Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:
Ruffledfeathers wrote:
Is he a Captain? Suspect

You know him too?!
Of course great guy! Really gets around though hey Laughing

25Happiness is... Empty Re: Happiness is... Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:07 pm

chicken crack

chicken crack

OMG, that makes for a happy chore break!!!! My kids had to come see what I was laughing at;)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum