Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Humidity in incubating

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Humidity in incubating Empty Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I need some expert on advice on humidity during the lockdown period of incubation. One of the chicks has already hatched but I noticed the humidity has now dropped to 50%. There are other pips. Should I add more water or do I leave it alone? I am worried the other chicks won't be able to get out of their shells. What do I do? Help Lou

2Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would add more water, if it is down to 50% now it will keep dropping if you have no water in there. I keep mine at 60-65% at hatch time, sometimes a bit higher for ducks/geese. I have hatched some surprise chicks at 50% so you are not completely stuck, but if you can I would add more water and spritz with warm water in a spray bottle.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Do you have some vents on the incubator, sometimes they need controlling, like maybe closed a little bit, or open for temp. When there are alot of chicks they have to be opened more.

4Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 7:46 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks Jayme and Chickeesmom!!! Lou

5Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 pm

60-70 percent is where i keep mine till they start hatching and then it stabilizes itself

6Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is the humidity the same for every incubator at lockdown - between 60 and 70?

7Humidity in incubating Empty Re: Humidity in incubating Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am

I believe so , as far as I have read

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum