Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Purple sheen on black rooster

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Purple sheen on black rooster Empty Purple sheen on black rooster Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This guy is from Whitemore, he is stunning, but I noticed he has a purple sheen. Seems like this is not good, any comments. He is not in the breeding pen.

2Purple sheen on black rooster Empty Re: Purple sheen on black rooster Mon May 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is interesting. I have one like that from Whitmore too. The others are not out in the sun right now so not sure on what shean they have. I know ideally the green sheen is supposed to happen on black birds, but is Purple a disqualifying trait?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Purple sheen on black rooster Empty Re: Purple sheen on black rooster Mon May 09, 2011 1:13 pm

old town chick

New Here

weird, I can't see the photo, Chickee's Mom.

4Purple sheen on black rooster Empty Re: Purple sheen on black rooster Mon May 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't see the pic either so I don't know what it is.

I think purple can be a disqualification depending on the breed. Seems to me that Australorps must have a green sheen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum