Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apple cider vinegar, blah.

+7
Rasilon
mirycreek
Critter Haven Farm
CynthiaM
Schipperkesue
auntieevil
uno
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Apple cider vinegar, blah. Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

All you hear is how great and wonderful apple cider vinegar is. It cures eczema. It cures a bad cough. It cures ear wax and foot fungus. It changes the weather. It improves economies. It practically raises the dead. Give it to your goats, your chickens, your sheep, your horses, give it to strangers you meet in the street.

Well here I sit drinking some of it in hot water and honey. It brings to mind all those posts I made where I said I give it to my critters, which I do. Critters, if you can read this, I apologize. You may be healthy, but I can bet you are unhappy. Because whatever this concoction is I have in my cup right now, no matter how good it might be for me, it tastes like pee. Shocked

2Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

And just how often do you drink this? The pee, not the ACV. Very Happy
Maybe it is the bee saliva that tastes funny?
I just switched from Bragg's to a local ACV and the taste difference is huge. One tastes like camel pee and the other manatee pee. Seriously, they definitely taste different. The local stuff tastes more apple-y.

3Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Double blah from me. It ranks up there in effectiveness with DE and pumpkin. I suppose I may be burned at the stake for that.

4Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:53 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Gordon, you maka me laffa, Uno, seriously. Although I don't always reply, I stalk you and your posts, I always read Uno...

That was freakin' funny, thanks for the good morning hoot and a hollar. My Daughter gives her horses copious amounts of the crap, oops, that was my inner voice. She buys it buy the gallon and seen her take a slurp of it too Shocked . Ich. I can't stand the smell of it and for surely the taste is something worse than the pee varieties that have been described. But I do think that there is something good in them thar hills. Apple Cider Vinegar has so much that has been tooted about it, there must be something good within. Not sure what. But something good. I know, I was trying to get Husband to drink it to help with acid reflux and he only lasted a day on it Razz

I would like to learn how to make it. Got so much apple juice I bet I could make it for pennies a quart and then charge Daughter big bucks and make some money... Very Happy . That was a joke. Never could I do that, but if I learned how to make it I could probably save her tons and tons of that stuff called money. Think one woudl need the mother to start, and I have that in the Braggs bottle of the crap in my fridge, but wonder how it is done. Maybe that will be something to learn about this winter too, along with the other mountain of things that I am endeavouring to get a handle on. Spelling is one too, my spell checker keeps saying I am making spelling mistakes and I just can't be bothered to fix them, my bad. All to have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

Oh ya, and Uno, never stop being you, you beautiful gal, you!! hugs

5Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 am

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

I find if I put it in a small glass of apple juice first, it is quite easy to take..... I really like the taste...gives the juice a "kick". I swear by the benefits of it. Two tablespoons a day has improved my health noticeably.

6Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Try Kombucha tea instead, it is much better and has similar properties, acetic acid in it.
YOu add your starter, which is formed from the acetic acid, to hot strong sweet tea. It ferments and couple days later you have a very drinkable drink!
i always give my extra starters, (they form lots of layers) to the chickens and they love it.
Try this link if youre interested:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anyone that wants a "scoby" i would be happy to give you some!

Last edited by mirycreek on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, thanks Miry. Reminds me I gotta get some kombucha brewin'. My Sister gave me a couple of mothers that are just hanging around in my fridge, awaiting to be awakened. Just some things go on the back burner. I have heard the chickens love the mothers, but never actually tried. Kombucha hear we come!! Have that awesome day, CynthiaM.

8Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

mirycreek wrote:Try Kombucha tea instead, it is much better and has similar properties, acetic acid in it.
YOu
add your starter, which is formed from the acetic acid, to hot strong
sweet tea. It ferments and couple days later you have a very drinkable
drink!
i always give my extra starters, (they form lots of layers) to the chickens and they love it.
Try this link if youre interested:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anyone that wants a "scoby" i would be happy to give you some!

I would like to try some please
Geri

9Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would love to try some Scoby if you have any to spare. Thanks.
Nancy

10Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty foot fungus Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 pm

niglefritz

aka athlete's foot...I had that. Vinegar or ac alone didn't do a thing. Things from the store and the doctor didn't touch it. Mixed ac with fresh ginger and put it on those areas...it cured it for me. Nothing else worked. I had a bad case too.

I hear you on the flavor, so I'm not about to drink it again. I even put it into some homemade crackers once...ick. I can't stand the smell either, but my feet couldn't taste or smell it, so they had no real issues with it.

11Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

I make a cough syrup out of equal parts raw honey and raw, unfiltered cider vinegar -- I can attest that no matter how much honey you add to ACV, it still tastes like ACV.

But it works. And it's no worse tasting than Buckleys.

12Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good idea! There have just been a series of articles reviewing new research that shows commercial cough syrup is no more effective than honey, and a lot less healthy.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

13Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty oops...correction Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

niglefritz

niglefritz wrote:aka athlete's foot...I had that. Vinegar or ac alone didn't do a thing. Mixed ac with fresh ginger and put it on those areas...it cured it for me.

I need to correct what I posted earlier. I used BALSAMIC vinegar, not apple cider vinegar.

14Apple cider vinegar, blah. Empty Re: Apple cider vinegar, blah. Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:I make a cough syrup out of equal parts raw honey and raw, unfiltered cider vinegar -- I can attest that no matter how much honey you add to ACV, it still tastes like ACV.

But it works. And it's no worse tasting than Buckleys.

Something that tastes as bad as Buckleys? Gads!!!

Sue - nasayer =P *tee hee*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum