Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horrible horsey humans.

+2
Hillbilly
uno
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Horrible horsey humans. Empty Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Horsey Daughter sometimes posts on a horse site. Holy crackers, those people are vicious! At the worst, the very worst I've ever seen it get on any chicken forum, does not hold a candle to the rabid, violent, brutality that these horse people unleash on each other.

Here we might get a little snippy. Oh wow, snippy. But those horse people...it boggles the mind!

Does that forum exist in the spirit of commraderie and sharing and learning? Asking for help is like putting on a moose head and running through the forest in hunting season! Talk about make yourself a target. HOrse people, on that site it seems, only want to help you to point out how stupid you are and how much more they know. And every single one of them knows more than every other one of them.

When we got into horses, newbies that we were, and made sure to surround ourselves with horse people and had been hanging out with horse people for years, we still found that most of the information directly conflicted with other information.

My horse is colicking, what should I do? Walk it. Don't walk it. Give it : mineral oil, motor oil, diesel fuel, moonshine, pepto bismol, warm water, nothing at all. Should I call the vet? Yes, he has some magic cure that will help. No, he has no cure but will charge you $300 to tell you so.

Worst of all is when we'd say to horse person A, that horse person B had said something different than they were telling us. This, we quickly learned was a mistake! Especially in small towns where these conflicting horse people are likely to know each other. "What!? You took horse advice from Eugene? Don't you know Eugene was run over by a herd of stampeding meat goats when he was 14 and ain't been right in the head since? Eugene is 57 and still lives at home with his mom! Don't take no advice from Eugene!"

I have to say, on our worst, VERY worst day we chickeny types have never, NEVER conducted ourselves like those horse forum people. Mind you, let someone start breeding post legged, small clawed, double muscled, crippled and suffering halter chickens, and see where things go!

2Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Its true. The local forum here on the island is just the same. Post anything regarding something you've done to your horse, and you will be bombarded with replies that are less than pleasant. I have never been of member of said site, but my wife is and avoids making any posts at all.

We have discovered if we have any problems, we ask 200 horse people, and then look for common answers. Then base a decision somewhat on these answers.

Fortunately, said wife has been in the twisted horsey world for about 39 years now, so has learned a thing or two.

3Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Testing...testing...trying to respond the third time!

4Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now I am grumpy, three tries. Three fails. I feel like a...horse person!

Here is what I tried to say three times.

Nastiness is directly proportional to money. Dog people... Some money...some nastiness. Cat people, more money , more nastiness. Horse people... The bitter end. Chicken people...just a little testy! Keep in mind I am talking show people here.

5Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't know if you can even lump it into show people for horses. If I had to try and generalize it, I would lean towards English vs western disciplines. But they're all guilty of knowing it all to some extent.

6Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guilty of knowing it all. I like that description.

7Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh this was a topic for me tonight!

I have never been part of a horse community so selfish and nasty then what I have witnessed in this town!

I have recently been jacked around more then I care to admit. I finally found a great coach who moved to a new barn whom I had had an "issue" ( she drove me crazy so I decided not to go there 2 years ago). Well after convincing my husband to board my riding horse for the winter I had been promised a spot at one indoor arena then the day before I was supposed to go she changed her mind and decided they were at max capacity. SO then my coach talked the crazy lady and she could make room for us. So I decided to give it a go mostly because I just want to keep riding. Well he has only been there since monday and so far so good.

Well today I was asked not bring my kids as they feel they are a liabilty around the horses and dont want them getting hurt. You said what? I almost died. The owner say to me well dont you have any family that can watch them? Ah nope they all live at the coast. Oh well the lady down the street takes kids in you drop them off there before you come. Ok so whos going to pay for thatt? I have already convinced my husband to pay the retarded fee to board and now another 300$ a month in child care? I agree with sue that the people with money think every one should be able to do everything but we cant. Plus my 2 1/2 year old is so clingy right now it would be more tramatic on both of us to even bother. I told the owner I dont have any help here and childcare is luxery for our family.

I am so angrey I am still fuming. The horse people in this town are unbelivable!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

8Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 am

KendraG

KendraG

Horse people are crazy. I can say that, because I am one. affraid

I've come to the conclusion it's just degrees of crazy - most of us are just quirky, and the real wingnuts are there to give the rest of us something to talk about. Wink

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

9Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:41 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

KendraG wrote:Horse people are crazy. I can say that, because I am one. affraid

I've come to the conclusion it's just degrees of crazy - most of us are just quirky, and the real wingnuts are there to give the rest of us something to talk about. Wink

I resemble that remark Kendra and totally agree with you! Laughing

10Horrible horsey humans. Empty Re: Horrible horsey humans. Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:45 am

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh we're definitely crazy or we wouldnt have them at all!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum