Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An extra egg cometh my way, mottled java

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An extra egg cometh my way, mottled java Empty An extra egg cometh my way, mottled java Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yesterday I got an egg from the mottled java coop. I think it was one of the pullets. Three pullets and one cockerel. Well, two barred rock hens too, but they lay massive eggs, not lookin' like this one, and they are not even laying at this time, think they have been taking a very long vacation Smile One egg, rather large for a first time laying gal and a little long and thing looking. Twenty-five weeks old. I suspect the other two will begin in the next few days too. Yay...more eggs for the taking. Just nice to say and nice to see. Have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is exciting. I have 2 of them that have been looking ready for a little while now. Very red combs but I am prettys sure no eggs from them yet. The other 2 are a little less advanced with combs that are more pale. Maybe the light you have added has encouraged them to start. Mine will not get lights for another couple of months. I am ok if they start late.
I am not sure if they are noted for being winter layers or not. Will have to research that a bit more I think.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The first egg from pullets are always so exciting... but to be from a Rare Breed like the Mottled Java must make it so much more Exciting! Congrats!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum