Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schipperkesue how big is your ...............hand

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hey Sue well as promised to you this year a pair of mittens for your hands in what I remember was a rustic orange.
So a couple of nights ago I started your mittens for you ..............but how long is your hand Very Happy
In inches please I am an old fashioned girl Embarassed measure from your thumb by your wrist and all the way up to the top of your fingers.

So far to go oh and ah ...I have handspun some of my very own Shetland wool from my girls and started to knit.
It is a light grey, so when I get into the dyeing should turn a rustic orange for you.
Now I am sure your hand is longer than mine and your legs are longer than mine ......
So let me know this valuble information and I will complete and send to you asap.

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

New mittens! Woot! Woot!

The base of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger is 6.5 inches. Is that right?

I ADORE orange! And real wool. Fabulous! I cannot wait, and thank-you!

Hmm, you may not know this but I have purchased 4 Shetland lambs this year. Hmmmm......

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:New mittens! Woot! Woot!

The base of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger is 6.5 inches. Is that right?

I ADORE orange! And real wool. Fabulous! I cannot wait, and thank-you!

Hmm, you may not know this but I have purchased 4 Shetland lambs this year. Hmmmm......

Well Sue thank you for being so fast with the measurement of your hand. I will have them done in no time.
Had no idea you got Shetland sheep this year very cool, mind have to tell you I sold my Shetlands a couple of years ago and had all their fleeces processed so that I could just play with the fiber.
I now have Dorset, sufork katahdin crosses and so thankfull only one of my girls sheds her belly fiber. My other bottle babys this year 2 have katahdin and one not only one looks like it will shed its fiber.. They should be going in the freezer, but omg 2 have amazing crimp to their fiber I look and want to spin their fiber so they may well keep living What a Face

Sue do you spin????

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not a spinner. I bought them as lawn mowers and as meat. I was thinking about felting, though... Any ideas for a good site to look at?

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cool, orange is such a beautiful colour. I think that I remember that Sue has very long and beautiful legs Very Happy , just somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind. Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I am not a spinner. I bought them as lawn mowers and as meat. I was thinking about felting, though... Any ideas for a good site to look at?
I tried felting once but however not my thing. Or maybe I needed to work harder at it.
If you want to learn to spin let me know I'll show you how.
Very Happy wonderful fiber on a Shetland sheep.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

CynthiaM wrote:Cool, orange is such a beautiful colour. I think that I remember that Sue has very long and beautiful legs Very Happy , just somewhere in the cobwebs of my mind. Beautiful and wonderful days, CynthiaM.
SO cynthiaM what is this about Sue's leg Shocked I thought I was talking about hands , but also you must have been staring at Sue's legs for a while Laughing

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now CynthiaM, I think you have all the men on here dreaming of Sue's long, glorious legs in Chickencrazy's knitted orange stockings up over her knees like some naughty school girl.

Well I suppose if they weren't dreaming of it before, they are now! Wink

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my, and here I am making a big fuss about Uno's beautiful hands! How does Cynthia know about my legs? I have never met her!

Wait! It must be those scabby allergic alfalfa legs that I took a picture of this summer!

Crazygirl, do you have experience making leggings?

I shall have to think about your generous spinning offer. I have always been interested in using local natural dyes! However I do not knit or crochet. Maybe I should take up weaving?

I am excited about learning to shear!

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Oh my, and here I am making a big fuss about Uno's beautiful hands! How does Cynthia know about my legs? I have never met her!

Wait! It must be those scabby allergic alfalfa legs that I took a picture of this summer!

Crazygirl, do you have experience making leggings?

I shall have to think about your generous spinning offer. I have always been interested in using local natural dyes! However I do not knit or crochet. Maybe I should take up weaving?

I am excited about learning to shear!

LOL this is turning into a strange funny posting Razz legs and hands , plus naughty school girls omg clown

So I have made a pair of wool leg warmers last year simple to do.
Weaving yep I do that too and spin, knit along with crochet.
So what lesson do you want Sue?
Oh and I remember the leg picture now Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What kind of lessons do you offer, Crazygirl?

If I want to weave, I guess I will need to find a loom. Sounds big and expensive.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:What kind of lessons do you offer, Crazygirl?

If I want to weave, I guess I will need to find a loom. Sounds big and expensive.
Weaving looms can be cheap some people just want to get rid of them and so drop the $$ on them.
But I have a floor loom and a table loom would let you use the table loom if you want to learn.
Also lessons weaving , spinning , goat milking lol , knitting and crochet all done over coffee Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, sounds lovely! We will have to chat this spring! You are a generous gal!

I am thinking a lovely Shetland wool shawl. I am a shawl girl.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:How does Cynthia know about my legs? I have never met her!

When I see something beautiful I never forget, and seems to me you had some very nice legs...yep, it was the picture of the scabby allergic alfalfa legs, I looked past the scabs and saw, well, what....beautiful Sue legs Cool Sorry to ramble off topic, but can't pass some things up, beautiful and awesome days, CynthiaM.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sue I am so close to sending you your mittens. Finished knitting yesterday and got straight onto dyeing a rustic orange just for you. affraid
I know I have taken a while life for some reason keeps getting busy..............but they are drying right now on a heat vent.
So please PM me your mailing address Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

OOOHHH! I can't wait!

PM on the way!

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks Sue I got your PM and waiting for the one glove to dry and they will be on there way to you.
Fingers crossed they fit and are rustic enought Very Happy

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rustic eh? I am hoping for lots of twigs and sticks woven into the fiber! Razz

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Rustic eh? I am hoping for lots of twigs and sticks woven into the fiber! Razz

Oh Sue you are a hoot Razz I thought it was a rustic orange you asked for .........no twigs unless I go find some right now lol but second thoughts it would make the mitts all scratchy and after alfalfa legs I think we do not want to hurt your hands way too many jobs to do with them Very Happy

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:

The base of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger is 6.5 inches.

I'll have to remember that one.

"What? No, I was merely measuring the distance from the base of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. It had nothing to do with you cutting me off."

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, CrazyGirl, will I still be able to give the middle finger salute with these mitts? You know...there might just be a market there...

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is that a banana in your mitten or are you just angry to see me?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And on that saucy note, Fowler goes out and finds himself a really interesting piece of knitted goods....

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You guys made my face hurt way too funny.
Now Sue if you chose to use your middle finger for any purpose I guess you should be able to if in doubt use the complete hand Very Happy
They are now on there way mailed this afternoon

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I shall show them off on my model hands when I get them!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum