Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Totally SHOCKED!!

+3
rosewood
calliope
coopslave
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, the back story first. We had friends, good friends, visit from Australia this summer. They brought us lots of Australian reds...yum. Anyways, nice people that they are, they sent us 2 bottles of our favourite red (Westend Durif) for our birthdays that are only 11 days apart. Supposably they wrote on them with special pens our birthday wishes and some personal messages.

Went to the post office 3 days ago and went to sign for the box and it is EMPTY! I don't sign for it. All the paper work says 2 bottles of wine, and not cheap stuff, and it cost them $91 to send it! Turn the box over and the yellow tape is barely visible to see it has been opened by customs, which is to be expected, but there should be paper work to say what happened and what charges, if any there are. All hat is gone! Our little post office is perplexed. She said usually there is a bar code with this paper work that they use instead of the original bar code one it is placed on the parcel.

So some jerk has stolen our lovely bottles of wine. They would have to be a postal worker. I am disgusted by this I have to admit. Who would do this? I wish we could track them down and get them fired! I am going to try, believe me.

It rots me that we have to fill out all this stuff. They bought a special box for mailing wine and it even says on the box what it is for. They sign the box to say it is just wine and safe. Then will out the other forms to say what it is and sign again to say it is safe and what it is and some WANKER steals it?! Man, it just rots me.

Anyways, thanks for the vent. We could have been having this great wine for hubbies Bday tonight, but......Not. Thanks jerk, I hope it gives you indigestion.

What is the world comeing to?

2Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 pm

calliope

calliope

Wow, that is outrageous! I had a packet arrive in the post a few years ago that had been slit open and the CD stolen, obviously the work of a postal employee. But yours really takes the cake! or the wine I guess. Good luck with tracking down the culprit(s). Twisted Evil

3Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I stopped printing "Hatching Eggs" after I sent a bow of Columbian Wyandotte eggs to the Calgary area. Someone left their boot print squarely in the middle of the box. Canada Post did pay the insured value plus shipping, but I never managed to hatch my own replacement chicks that year as my stock was very old with a rooster in pretty bad shape. I hope CP makes good on yours, but without the phone call at 6 AM by an agent confused with Barrie, Ont and Barriere, BC.

4Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just steaming about this. You would think all the personal things written ON the bottles and the birthday wishes would have slowed them down.....sigh....

5Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Unbelievable! I am gob smacked. I hope you go medieval all over this!

6Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm

calliope

calliope

Hopefully they had an allergic reaction to Aussie wine and dropped dead.

7Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:04 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't know how you can find out who did this, but I sure hope you do. A $91 investment to get wine to you is no small matter. I would be super angry. You think someone else handling that package would have noticed it was awfully light....seems weird that it got as far as you before the theft was discovered. I am sorry to hear this and can imagine your desire to KICK SOME A$$!

8Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:39 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope you find out who did it. There are some crooked people in the world. Had a box of books from Amazon that was tracked as delivered only we never got it. It never did turn up so far as I know. Somebody just kept some free books.

My sister-in-law got a pair of pants from J Crew, years ago. They were delivered but she never got them. The courier guy had taken them to a friend of his. When they had tracked them down, he was told to get them back or it was his job. She finally got her pants... that had been worn by someone else. She sent them back but still got dinged for the shipping because they had been "delivered". Never ordered from them again because of a crooked courier.

9Totally SHOCKED!! Empty Re: Totally SHOCKED!! Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, this is bad and sure does shake ya up eh? Why oh why is the world like this? Makes me want to be even more reclusive than I already am. Humans. Blah. I know. I had someone I think shake the crap out of some eggs that I shipped this year. packed so carefully and no way on good green earth could any have broken. But a few were, sigh....same as you there, someone is just awful and this is what this is. Awful. (I won't put hatching egg pictures on egg boxes sent anymore either, because of this incident). Keep that chin up, maybe a trip to Australia is in order, then back home with ya, that beautiful red. Still, try to find something to make this a good day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum