Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there any interest in a Canadian Classified/Auction site ?????

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi

I have been playing around with a site that would permit you to have Classified ads or Auctions on it. Ads or Auctions would only last for two weeks and then automatically be removed. Do you think there is any interest for such a site in the Canadian Poultry Hobby? I have set up a few fake ads etc. for people to see. If your interested check it out at Canadian Poultry Classifieds and Auction. ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If their is interest in it I would like a person or two to help out as moderator. Let me know what you think. Take a look at the site. It is only for practice right now but If there is enough interest we could have it go live in Nov./Dec.

There would be no charge for posting ads or running an auction.

What do you think of a 14 day limit?

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Perry

I think it would work as long as people realize they are not going to get real huge prices on some of the items or birds
That is what killed some of the ones in the states when they were wanting big money for the birds
Also people have to realize they have to find Transport for the birds
The seller also needs to say when the Birds need shipped by or picked up and if there is a charge for any left over that time.

It looks good I would give it a try and see if it would work as you can always delete the site

was going to say more but forgot what it was need to go back on the Oxygen machine will be back later for more LOL

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is a neat idea Perry but not sure how well it will work since we have such a large distance to get animals in Canada. Maybe eggs would go over well but live birds not so easy.

We offer auctions on this site, as well as classifieds so the only positive thing about your site over this one is if you have a larger following?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have registered a domain, and have every intention in setting up one. I just need to find the perfect aution software.

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

call ducks wrote:I have registered a domain, and have every intention in setting up one. I just need to find the perfect aution software.

Check out the forum I have found. It's a $5 fee a month to use their classified software. I don't mind paying that so the Auctions and Classified Ads could stay free.

I agree birds would be more difficult but if the seller put his province in the information I believe it might work. I think it would definitely work for eggs.

Perry

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Perry, as you askedfoes feedback from everyone I will give you my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
I like the simplicity of the site. No searching to find things for sale. The purpose is clear.
I like the feedback and comments. Kinda like eBay, and I base buying decisions on the feedback section before buying when I buy from eBay.
I like that feedback is encouraged. On the forums you can find some info about people but some is moderated and it's time consuming to find.
I know when I hit the more info that I am next in line for bids. On the other two forums you compete not only with the forum comments when trying to purchase or enquire about something, there are also all he PMs, emails and phone calls and I find items are gone before I even get a response. Although in fairness, the folks who say they are auctioning in the forums to seem to keep the order and make it clear to use a response to the ad.
I find on the forums that although I use "show post since last visit" selection that I am missing posts and keep missing things I would want to buy. Because ads are current, this is less likely to happen.

Cons
Another forum to remember to log in to!
How will you moderate the feedback section? I can see that being problematic. On ebay the community is global, so bad feedback is allowed as each person does have thier own opinion about the transaction. We have a smaller community, so even if someone has a bad experience, will that feedback be allowed even if it's someone we know? A feedback section is only useful it it included all opinions. Tough one.

At $5 per month, it seems like something to give a try. It doesn't compete with the forums, as I find them more of a source of info and this can work in conjunction with the other forums. If it were me, I would wait to launch until spring as the momentum would be beneficial.

My two cents. Cheers.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Perry
Tried to register on the site and it keeps saying error
dont know why

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ok so i set up one. Pls let me know if anything is not working.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

call ducks wrote:Ok so i set up one. Pls let me know if anything is not working.

Hi

tried to register. Wouldn't let me.

Perry

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Perryschofield wrote:
call ducks wrote:Ok so i set up one. Pls let me know if anything is not working.

Hi

tried to register. Wouldn't let me.

Perry

yah i had the same issue! Gerr. Back to trying to find a new platform

If any one want's to use the domain let me know. I well take care of the tech details.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum