Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Empty For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Empty Re: For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well, at least one person stopped. Perhaps there is hope for the human race yet. I am very thankful that there are a few people left in the world that will stop when help is needed.

3For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Empty Re: For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good on him for stopping.

I was driving to town a while ago and saw an accident. A young fellow had gone off the road, taken out a bunch of fence (wire and post and rails) and was sitting in the middle of a cattle grid. I saw him standing by his car. There was another vehicle there, a lady probably close to my age. I stopped and asked if they needed any help. She said that the ambulance was on its way, but she didn't want to leave the young man on his own. She thanked me for stopping and said I was the only one to stop in over half and hour, the time she had been there for.

What is the world coming to?

4For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Empty Re: For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 pm

foal0069

Reminds me of the time I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, living in Morinville, just outside of Edmonton and got a flat tire. Good thing I knew how to change a tire and was watching traffic as I think they would have just as soon run me down at highway speeds.
Now in Thunder Bay and had a flat with my daughter (she was 11) and grandson was 2 in the car and had two people stop. Thank the Lord for small towns.

5For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Empty Re: For a Dime a Dozen Deer's Sake... Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, I can't even begin to imagine how beat up your Husband's hands and such must have been. I love to hear these kinds of stories, of human nature at its best. Theses are stories of honour and they are just, well, good to hear. He needs a great pat on the back. As for anyone that passed by, they need a slap on the head. Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum