Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics!

+7
foal0069
KathyS
coopslave
loushrop
Schipperkesue
Arcticsun
triplejfarms
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:29 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

posting these for shannon, Smile

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

2arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:31 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

my god they are cute shannon!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

3arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you, they are so cute!

4arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have always said Arctic's buns are her best feature!

5arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are indeed glorious!

6arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

And what kind of buns might they be? Smile

7arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are lovely sleek and well formed Tan bunz. I love how they practicly glisten in the sunlight.

8arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are lovely, can you tell us a bit about the breed?

9arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:49 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

From the tan website, it is a great description. I am really enjoying them. They are not a big rabbit, but they are not a "dwarf" breed.

No greater challenge can be had than working with the "Aristocrat of the Fancy." For exquisite, beautiful color and pattern, he has no superior. The contrast of the rich, fiery tan with bright lustrous body color charms the eye of the beholder. He is a very friendly little fellow.
The does mother litters of satisfactory size. A large number of offspring in each litter of Tans of fine breeding can and will compete very well on the show table. Tans do not produce "mismarked offspring," meaning all rabbits in a litter will be marked in a manner that makes them show quality.
The Tan possesses a neat, compact, well-knit body. Head, ears and limbs balance with the body length and bone structure. The coat should possess a sheen designed to enhance the color and pattern.
The Tan is a hardy little rabbit and does well indoors and out. They require no special feeding and are not heavy consumers, which is a desired factor in today's high cost of feed.
Tans do not have an ideal weight, but tend to be around 4.5 when fully grown. Mature bucks and does may be cooped in 24“ x 24” cages and do quite well. The does and litters need a 30” x 30” or 30” x 36” cage. The ideal daily feeding ration is 3 to 3-1/2 ounces of pellets.
Although the Tan type is not that of a meat animal, the Tan produces a fleshy carcass of 2 - 2-1/2 lbs weight in a very short time. The pelts are most attractive and the black Tan is the only pelt that retains its black color and luster. Other black pelts turn a deep sepia or brown after death.
The Tan rabbit falls into the medium class of fancy breeds, maturing between 4 - 6 pounds at six months of age. They are shown in four classes: senior bucks, senior does, and junior bucks and junior does. They are considered juniors up to the age of six months.
The Four Varieties
The Tan rabbit comes in four varieties (colors): black, blue, chocolate and lilac. Most breeds are shown by variety in alphabetical order. Tans, however, are different. They are shown from lightest to darkest. Lilacs are shown first, then blues, followed by chocolates and finally blacks.

10arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful!! I love you

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

11arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:00 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my, the 'Aristocrat of the Fancy'! Well, aren't we hoity, toity! I understand these little aristocrats strut on a catwalk like models at shows, often having their own hair and makeup artists and special lighting to show off their extraordinary glistening coats.

12arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:06 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

You got that right!
It is amazing to watch them work the runway.... breathtaking.

I have a boy who is even able to throw the judge a "Blue Steel"

13arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am

foal0069

Gorgeous rabbits. Thanks for posting

14arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are definitely beautiful. Those gorgeous Tan buns of yours!

15arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Tan rabbits Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:14 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

They are adorable! Glad my grandkids can't see these.

16arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:00 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

They are super cute! I love the color! Smile

17arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Must. Have. Bunny.

18arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arent they the most adoreable things EVER???!!

19arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Empty Re: arctic suns "Tan rabbits" pics! Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The colour contrast is perfect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum