Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delaware chickens wanted

+2
Schipperkesue
lazyfarmer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Delaware chickens wanted Empty Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 am

lazyfarmer

I would like to buy some Delawares, hens and roosters to try, if they are big.

2Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:33 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now what have I heard about Delawares? Are they a dual purpose?

3Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Delawares were the first broilers prior to the 1950's. In recent times they have become dual purpose. We imported some from McMurrays this summer in an attempt to have our own meat chickens to raise from egg to butchering.
Delaware chickens wanted P6180015

4Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

How are you liking them, Rosewood?

5Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are too young to form an opinion at present, but they appear bigger than the Cornish from the same shipment. Dan Smith had them on an health certificate he posted recently so there must be some around.

7Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm

lazyfarmer

Rosewood you did not say if you have any for sale. Would you have a pair or trio, or even a good rooster for sale? Does anyone know Flying Feathers aparrently they have some for sale?

8Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our Delawares are only 6 weeks old at present and do not have any stock to sell at present. We will be keeping a couple roosters and the hens. The extra roosters are our meat chickens for this year. I may sell some chicks in the spring and some hatching eggs.

9Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kevin in Sask Might still have some I have not talked to him in a couple weeks you might give him a call other wiswe I will have some next year

10Delaware chickens wanted Empty Re: Delaware chickens wanted Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

As usual, Tara, a most interesting read about Delwares, now I know about that breed more. Sounds like a wonderful table bird. Lazyfarmer, hope you find the birds you are seeking. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum