Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

faverolle pullets for sale

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1faverolle pullets for sale Empty faverolle pullets for sale Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a few pet quality Faverolle pullets for sale. I can’t use them in my breeding program because of beard size and color, and hen size. There are pullets that are 5 months old and 4 months old. I’m even starting to get some cute little pullet eggs every few days from the 5 month old pullets, so it won’t be long now!! Very Happy they have sweet temperaments, and lay really well! Faverolles Lay a light brown egg.
I’m selling them for $25.00 a pullet for both the 5 month, and 4 month olds.

faverolle pullets for sale Faverollepullet

2faverolle pullets for sale Empty Re: faverolle pullets for sale Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Steve, I have an off hand question for you. Do you usually have issues with the darkening in the hens? It is an honest question that I am facing as well. I wont bred any with that darkening, but I am only third generation in, does it improve with selective breeding for you?

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

3faverolle pullets for sale Empty Re: faverolle pullets for sale Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

good question pfarms, Very Happy yes i do have some problems with dark hens and dark beards. All my begining birds from 3 years ago were hatchery, so their beareds were very dark! the dark color is a hard to select out, you have to do pretty large hatches to do it! i was lucky enough to get one pullet last year that was very light colored, which helped alot. i also got some pullets and cockerels this year from a very good line and they are very light colored. but i find 5th toes and body size is top of my list for me the first few years. faverolles size is so small, and im working to get them bigger and meater!

4faverolle pullets for sale Empty Re: faverolle pullets for sale Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I find my hens are a bit small, but not too bad. My roo's seem to be pretty nice though. I have been hatching out about 75-100 to just get a handful I like. I have had some come out so dark that I have to look twice when they are young if they are male or female. Would you mind checking out some photos of mine to see what you think?

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

5faverolle pullets for sale Empty Re: faverolle pullets for sale Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sure always enjoy looking at other peoples birds! Smile

6faverolle pullets for sale Empty Re: faverolle pullets for sale Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 am

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

ill be selling my extra pullets at the Nov CHB show coming up. is there any one intested in a point of lay faverolles pullets?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum