Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sometimes I cry

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sometimes I cry Empty Sometimes I cry Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep. Is it the mood in the morning when I get up? Weepy? Think it is a girl thing and perhaps an emotional day coming on. Reflections of how much I love many people come to my mind. People that I care enough about to share things, things that make me happy...these things do sometimes make me cry. My girlfriend sent me a poem. I don't know where she got it from, but it is not her writings, nor mine, but some beautiful words that made me cry. Dogs. They do something to the heart. I was sitting on my deck this morning, looking towards the barn. We are farmsitting, while our kids are away playing. This is what we do, we farmsit and they farmsit, my chickens of course, their dogs and horses....I watched Chopper come across the riding arena. It was early, well, kind of early, 7:00ish. Guess he thought it later and got out of bed (the dogs have a dog door to exit the home anytime that they so choose). He did a morning business in the arena Shocked , no clue why there, but he did. Then he saw me sitting at the bar looking out across that arena. He saw me and when he finished he came running. I let him in my home and he had breakfast. Normally I would go to his home and feed him, but guess he needed extra "mummy" comfort, and I am the one. His mummy will be home later. This poem that I am going to give to my friends to read, was just so appropriate for my mood. Dogs. Love. What would this world be without the dog friend. As I sit and type this, I think of the little poem that someone so beautifully wrote and was so kind to share, and I think of dogs. Oh how they love us. This poem, some internet reading and then off to a beautiful day in the sunshine. Enjoy this writing, it is beautiful and I know that others will more than likely weep those tears of love too. With that, have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage.
I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today.
Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.
I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor.
So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors.
So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today

2Sometimes I cry Empty Re: Sometimes I cry Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:56 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3Sometimes I cry Empty Re: Sometimes I cry Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:30 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Darn, Cynthia. I never should have read that. You have made me all weepy now.

No worries. It is a good feeling. I think I will go out to hug my dogs now.

4Sometimes I cry Empty Re: Sometimes I cry Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

beautiful

5Sometimes I cry Empty Re: Sometimes I cry Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm all warm in my heart.

6Sometimes I cry Empty Re: Sometimes I cry Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still weepy I guess as I have tears again, thanks for these words, girls, smiling. Love your dogs. Tara, Rex, sticks out in my mind. He was a good dog for a young tom girl for surely...why did Rex have to go and want to drink some antifreeze anyways, sigh....only the good die young. Ya, hug ya dogs, they are a blessing to our lives. Tara I picture your Son with his doggie beds all over to comfort the old body of this dude, and the squeeky toys, how cool is that. Our dog Coder, which is a doberman X rottwheiller (why can't I EVER spell that rotty thing right anyways, smiling), is now in his 12th year. He has a few good ones left, I am sure. But her has a gerkin!! What the devil is that. Farmchiq came over and told us that Coder has a huge gerkin!! The closest thing that I can think she is speaking about is his fat belly, around his area that he urinates from (so what is that called on a dog anyways, his penis??? I don't know). Anyways, guess Coder has a gerkin (always thought pickle). His gerkin is not as big as it used to be, but still is quite a hangy down bunch of kind of fatty flesh. Anyone else heard of a boy dog with a gerkin? Is this something that silly woman made up (Farmchiq Razz geek , smiling). Pleeeeeze, has anyone heard of a boyd dog having a gerkin (ooops, did I ask that already). Beautiful day wishes, to us all, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum