Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rooster needs a tune up?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rooster needs a tune up? Empty Rooster needs a tune up? Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:07 pm

animals just for fun

animals just for fun

I couldn't believe it I love these little guys, but What to do I do with a rooster that just started to attack me? He is a little millie fleur, and he took after me twice. I don't think he would be much of a meal, or should I put him in a pen with bigger chickens for a while and they could maybe put him in his place. Little Bastard anyway! ha ha ha.

2Rooster needs a tune up? Empty Re: Rooster needs a tune up? Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have put the fear of death in mine by hanging it by its legs, pinning it, whacking it and even placing my hands around its neck, gently but firmly (as suggested by Gail Damerow for aggressive ganders) and non of it worked..........it put him off for a week to ten days but then he'd do it again and it became more frequent. He is not here anymore, if you know what I mean.

A breeder suggested to me to try not responding/reacting at all. Let him think he's top dog by not challenging him and just ignoring him (imagine a more submissive rooster if your ego can handle it - LOL). After 3 or 4 times he may stop, realizing you're not a threat after all.

I'm new at this but have had 3 out 4 roosters go bad. I will try the non-reactive approach for the first time with the latest fellow.

Good luck.

3Rooster needs a tune up? Empty Re: Rooster needs a tune up? Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Chicoryfarm just had a post about this and there were some great replies and ideas. Maybe you could find something that will work for your little brat Smile
https://wcps.canadian-forum.com/t505-what-are-the-odds-of-a-friendly-rooster-vs-an-aggressive-one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum