Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Honey. I am only going to pick up 1 bird ........

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Chick Help Embarassed Embarassed

Does this ever happen to you. We finished house setting on the 18th. I had convinced my wife to go down and stay over night with one of my bird friends near Aldergrove, BC. I was planning on picking up a young Silver Wyandotte Roo (from Guardhouse line for my breeder roo for next year. I really did only plan on picking up 1 birds, honestly. By the time I left I had 1 Standard Silver Wyandotte roo, 5 young Spotted Australian Ducks - 2 males and 3 hens (first time I have ever seen them), 3 Russian Orloff (hoping for a trio but may have 2 roos and 1 hen), 5 young bantam Silver Laced Wyandottes (3 roos and 2 hens - beautiful lacing), and 4 Porcelain D'uccle Bantam roos.

I have raised Porcelain D'uccle Bantam in the past on several occasions. The problem was I always ended up disappointed in either their colour and marking (too washed out) or in their feathering (boots). His were the most beautiful I have ever seen. From imported eggs, not related to anything in Canada. The colouring was fantastic and the leg feathering unbelievable. This was his first year hatching them and he only had 6 young pullets and about 14 young roos. Since it was his first year he had no pullets for sale but gave me 4 six week old roos. Since he was done hatching he also gave me 5 eggs that were in the nest. He said fertility has been very good so I am hoping to get a couple of chicks and maybe a pullet. If I don't I will buy pullets from him next year. They are so good I am willing to wait if I must. I plan on raising them up and keeping two roos and selling the other 2 this fall.

So, instead of 1 bird, I came back with 18. My wife just shook her head ...

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

But, how could you pass up all that great stuff. You're innocent Wink

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy . Well, I think that is cool. I know, how can one pass up such things when I heart yearns...wonderful that you have a tolerant Wife, that shines through, she knows your addiction, smiling. I think my Husband looks at me that way when he sees how I once upon a time had less than 20 birds, and now, hmmmm....a fair number more than that. I think that it was awesome that your friend had such lovelies that you wanted to take home. Beautiful to me. Quite a little travel from where you were staying to the Lower Mainland, but well worth the trip to get stuff and see your friend. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would love to get one of those d'uccle roo! I have hatch 3 porcelain out of my millies this year but I am concerned abOut their coloring being true. Perry if u think he would sell another or eggs could you message me his contact info?

Thanks!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

fuzzylittlefriend wrote:I would love to get one of those d'uccle roo! I have hatch 3 porcelain out of my millies this year but I am concerned abOut their coloring being true. Perry if u think he would sell another or eggs could you message me his contact info?

Thanks!

He doesn't sell eggs or ship. Might be willing to sell a roo. I could check and see.

Perry

P.s. I will be selling two of mine this fall. Will try to post pics soon.

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That would be great. I am going to chilliwack in 3 weeks so it would be easier for me to get one then if he's willing. Unless you are comming back to winfield in the fall cheers

Thanks Perry!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

sounds like Richard Verhagen? am i correct?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum