Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did my first hatchery order

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did my first hatchery order Empty Did my first hatchery order Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well i got my first hatchery order today from the USA. Jayme i give you a lot of credit for the ones you have done and i now understand why you want to be alone to sort threw them. Shocked I also know a few things i would do differently for the next time.

Anyways I was a little disappointed as we didn't get our Seb's and only half of the African's, plus the plane was an hour late. 2 people got their complete order so i am sure they are happy. Another lady got most of her order and she is happy.

The birds all look very healthy and i will order from them again... Oh yes we ordered from Metzer farms. Very Happy

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

2Did my first hatchery order Empty Re: Did my first hatchery order Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes PC it is a lot of work and head ache. Fewer hands in the box when sorting is definately the best...
I was wondering how the Metzer order would go, glad to see they are healthy birds. Sorry to hear you missed out on some, always the way it goes though, you set up the order and you are the one shorted the birds. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Did my first hatchery order Empty Re: Did my first hatchery order Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Although it didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped, I really appreciate all the work you did Prairie Chick. Thank you very very much!!!! Smile

4Did my first hatchery order Empty Re: Did my first hatchery order Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Valerie, What Jayme said is so true. Last year I did that large Ideal order and I who ordered very little ended up being shorted . All I ordered was two breeds amounting to 25 chicks and I only got less then half of that as I remember and each of my two breeds was shorted. Oh well it was a learning experience and the next 2 orders which were from Whitmore went much more smoothly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum