Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goose eggs as light as a feather, should I incubate it?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have seb's that were sitting on 9 eggs, we are now down to 2 Sad . Today I decided to candle them, one is alive(one was ready to explode and one wasn't fertile). So I finished planting my second garden, go back up to the barn and all the girls are in the yard Shocked. I look in their coop and there are the eggs not even covered up, I think because I touched them they aren't sitting on them...OR because I put goslings in the coop beside them, they are more fascinated with them than sitting on their eggs No
Anyways I put the one that is alive in the bator but I dont know about this other one, it is as light as a feather and when I candled it there is no air sac on top. I am so scared it will explode...What should I do? I have to decide pretty quick... Neutral

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SMell it! If it is about to explode, you will smell it. OR, put it in a bowl of warm water and if it floats, TOSS IT! Super light means it's about to go boom or about to hatch. Do you hear any noises? Hold it to your ear. If there are scratching sounds or you hear anything, it might be good.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok Uno but i am scared Shocked

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

If it is light do not incubate, you are just setting yourself up for stinkiness!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I went out there and she was back on the nest, poor girl is probably sitting on a stink bomb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum