Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey

+10
CynthiaM
mirycreek
honeybrook
Schipperkesue
Keibler77
loushrop
smokyriver
ChicoryFarm
HigginsRAT
Hidden River
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Thu May 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our sweet Rosie has been off for a couple days and she finally succomed to whatever was wrong with her this afternoon. My oldest raised her from a baby and they have been very bonded since. I thought she would have one last snuggle with her before she passed but it was not to be. It will be very hard on her when she gets home and I tell her tonight.
Here is Amy and Rosie.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear this Jayme. My heart goes out to Amy.

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear this! Give Amy big hugs from me!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

It's hard to lose a much-loved pet. I'm sorry for your daughter's sadness, and your family's loss.

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Rosies passing but make sure and tell Amy that she was very special to Rosie too. She made Rosies life a very happy one and that she is a special girl. Big hugs to Amy from me. Lou

Keibler77

Keibler77

So...I must confess that I have never had any experience with turkeys and I really didn't know they liked to snuggle....that really is something special I have to say. Regardless....anyone can see by that picture how much Amy adores that turkey....it's a really great pic! I am really sorry to hear of your loss Jayme...and as a fierce animal lover myself, my heart goes out to Amy. Big hugs from all of us here.

HI Jayme, my condolences for your loss as well as Amy's.

This, selfishly, gives me hope for the turkey's we bought and that they'll come around (or at least one). That picture is so endearing and sweet, neither seemed to have a care in the world at that time.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Turkeys can be very endearing, can't they?

10Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 am

honeybrook

honeybrook

So sad to here that I know James has his pet turkey as well and I don't look forward to the day something happens to her

http://www.honeybrooklowlines.com

11Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yes so sorry to hear about Rosie, you will miss her I know.
Rosie and Yolker were the turkeys that made Chantecler_eh? want turkeys....his dad is still standing firm on that one though!
I really loved that "jacket picture" of Yolker.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

12Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah darn, this is not a good thing, children become very bonded to certain critters, clearly she loves this bird, sigh...still my wishes for something in this day to make you smile. CynthiaM.

13Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 8:52 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Awww thats sad,

Sorry to hear of the loss of Rosie, poor Amy must be heart broken.

Our Turkey's here are our pets as well, we absolutely enjoy them and it's sad when one leaves us.

14Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

My condolences for the loss of your pet. Until you have had an encounter with a pet turkey, it's sort of hard to explain why they are so endearing. They can show affection just as any pet who is shown affection can.

How is Amy taking the loss?

15Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Re: Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Fri May 04, 2012 10:31 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am so sorry Jayme. Losing pets is a hard one. Hugs for Amy and you.

16Sad day today we lost Rosie the turkey Empty Off topic warning! Fri May 04, 2012 11:02 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry off topic, but I love Cbrook's new avatar! Very Happy

Losing a pet is never fun and most people don't understand if it is not a cat or a dog. It can be tough, but farm kids do learn that lesson early.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum